Monday, May 29, 2017

Where is God when you need him?

A crazy week it has been in England!

I'm sure you all heard about the attack in Manchester... broke my heart. we woke up to a voicemail saying that the U.K. Was under eminent danger. They said that it is more than likely that something will happen again. Especially somewhere such as Birmingham because it is the 2nd largest city in the country. So we aren't allowed to Street contact or go anywhere near our town centres or Nottingham. Kind of scary!

It's made missionary work difficult in terms of finding. Any door we knock they yell at us saying "where was god in that situation?"

There was a man from Nottingham who heard of the news at 10:30 pm on his way back from work and immediately drove to Manchester and was helping people get places and find shelter and he drove back at 6 in the morning to go right back to work. There are so many stories like this we have heard and my testimony of God and his love for his children have been strengthened by this experience. 

On Tuesday for district finding we were meant to go into Nottingham, but instead everyone came to our area. We were meant to be here. One guy was walking behind us. He had no idea we were missionaries and just yelled out "where is god when you need him?" We immediately turned around with big smiles on our faces exclaiming "we have an answer!!!!!" We stood and talked to him for about 30 minutes and he agreed to meet with us the following day. We put him on a baptismal date for next month and he came to a church event as well as church on Sunday!!!! He calls us at least 10 times a day telling us how much this is helping him to change bless him. His name is dean we are excited to see what will come. 

This week I started reading "our search for happiness" by M. Russell Ballard. In the very first chapter he talks about when he was a missionary in Nottingham!!!!! He talked about walking down the Trent river which is literally our area. So neat. :)

We got 10 new investigators this week who knows how, but our teaching pool is so exciting right now. Great things to come here in Nottingham!!!!! I'm starting to love the area. ;) I miss serving in Birmingham but this is becoming home too. 

It was SO HOT THIS WEEK. It felt like I was in Florida. It's hilarious cuz if it's like 65 here everyone whips out their tank tops and every boy is shirtless. I've never seen so many drunk people in my life. We taught so many people who were not wearing shirts. England is so weird. It was literally 65 and I was sweating so bad I'm also way pale right now and haven't gone without tights in 9 months so that wasn't a pretty sight. 

Went on exchange with SISTER NKOMO best day of my life. We were together for a week in kiddie due to waiting for our greenies and it was the best week of my mission ha. Love her to bits. Also started running and doing hardcore exercise this week and my body is in so much pain. I was so thankful it was Sunday yesterday so I didn't have to work out hahaha. 

SPEAKING OF SUNDAY. I loved church. I felt so spiritually fed. I have grown such a testimony of what Gary B Sabin called "our spiritual sleeping bags". If the fire goes out, we will be cold if we don't do simple things such as reading our scriptures and going to church!!!!! I have grown such a love for the scriptures on my mission and the stories in them. This week I was studying Mark chapter 9. The story of the man who had a child with an unclean spirit and asked the saviour to cast it out of him. (Everyone read the talk Lord, I believe by Jeffery r holland I probably listened to it 10 times this week!!!!)

In the chapter it says:

“If thou canst do any thing,” he said, “have compassion on us, and help us."
“Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
“And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.”

“Even if ye can no more than desire to believe,” Alma declares, “let this desire work in you, even until ye believe.”

If you have a desire to believe, that is all you need. And as prophesied in Enos, your faith will make you whole. No matter how small. I can promise you it will. I have seen it change and shape every aspect of my life. :) 

I love you all. 

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxxxx

Pictures:
1) exchange
2) my favourite
3) elder ferrans birthday
4) sweetest less active came teaching with us but they told us to F off when we came to the appointment good times.
5) district finding plus the lincoln elders
6) going home next transfer :( have had fun in lichfield and notts together. Book of mormon apart dont worry guys
7) Nottingham robin hood county:)
8) silly stringed him
9) send this to sis ohanyan momma











No comments:

Post a Comment