Monday, May 22, 2017

A Wet Week in England

This week it Never. Stopped. Raining. 24/7 all day every day it was
raining. I came home every day soaked head to toe ringing out my
clothes and now I'm ill haha. Looked as if I got in the shower with
all my clothes on.

We went district finding in beeston for the elders. Met the weirdest
old woman who was crying to us because she had sinned decades ago. We
asked her what it was she felt she hadn't been forgiven for and it was
all because she mistreated her cat. We tried to comfort her the best
we could..... and in return got several slobbery kisses all over our
cheeks.... oh man. We also knocked into a woman who got
excommunicated!!!! But that was several years ago and she agreed that
we could come over and teach her and her family. The 4 kids were
climbing all over me with their Dorito covered fingers showing me all
their toys and colouring books I just wanted to talk to the mom and
figure out what we could do to help her it was madness bless them

Jenna receive the Holy Ghost in sacrament meeting!!!!! It was so
special. The spirit was SO strong following. I never want that feeling
to go away!

This week I read from Enos to W.O.M. I loved the book of Enos and
reading about the "wrestle" he had before God. I have been praying
about what to pray for, and this chapter really helped me. The book of
Omni made me laugh. My companion was confused as to why I was giggling
during my scripture study! It was funny to me when whoever was writing
would say: "well I dont really have anything to write so I am going to
make an end." or "I dont have much to say but here it is." or when
Amaron procrastinated his writing and wrote the day he gave it to his
brother, who then only chose to write one verse! It made me feel
better about my journal entries which sound so similar at times. :)

We planned to spend the rest of the day after interviews on finding.
We prayed beforehand so we could know where it was we should go and 2
streets came into mind. We set off for the first one and after an hour
of not even a single person interested we sat on the curb in silence
absolutely soaked from the rain for a few minutes. Then a man came
over and asked us what we were doing. Immediately we sat up straight
and said "we have a life saving message to share, and no one will
listen to us!" He looked at his watch and said, "well I have 10
minutes, so I will listen." He then sat down next to us and we taught
him the restoration. Everything made sense to him and he was really
interested in learning more. It was such a tender mercy.

That gave us just enough strength to press forward!! We walked to the
next street we'd prayed about. The first door we knocked let us in.
And it was a family!!! They have 2 little boys, but not married. So
hopefully we can plan a wedding sometime soon. ;) The rest of the
street had success as well. We were cursed at, we were told that we
were brainwashed, another man let us in but right as his wife saw us
come in she shooed us out and told us we were a cult, but overcoming
the greatest adversities bring the greatest miracles! We kept going
and found some really promising potentials. It was worth every minute.

This week my testimony of Gods omnipotence was strengthened. "He who
knows the beginning from the end, knows, therefore, all that is in
between." We tracted a street we were positive we received a prompting
to knock, having no idea that the one we were meant to find, found us.
Soaking wet on the side of the road, with something that can save him.
:)

Have the best week and make the best choices!!!!

Cheers,
Sister McEwan x

Pictures:

1) bus
2) the edlerzzz
3) Never ending rain and an umbrella that was lent to us for half a day
4) just chillin
5) games night is my fave
6) walking home
7) rain rain rain rain rain never going away
8) a meme of sister Bacchus made specifically for myself.
9-11) BATMANS MANSION oh yaaaa 











No comments:

Post a Comment