Monday, May 8, 2017

Faith Over Fear

Hello from Long Eaton Nottingham!!!

It was the coolest experience getting here honestly. I was provided so many angels along the way!!! It felt so weird traveling alone. I kept making videos on my iPad to my family because it felt so uncomfortable not having a companion to talk to. Once I got to Birmingham I was slightly panicking because I had to drag all my luggage through the city for about 15 minutes. My suitcases were SO HEAVY. learned my lesson ha. But there was a man at the station who asked if he could help me take all my luggage through Birmingham to the other station even though he'd be late to work he was literally sent from heaven!!!! And I made sure to tell him that as well many times haha he walked me all the way to the platform and I even got to teach him about Joseph Smith.:):)

Then once I got to Nottingham I needed to take another train into long eaton. There wasn't an elevator and I needed to take all my luggage up and down a staircase over to the other platform and this old man was like hunny I will help you and brought it all over even though he had a bad back people are so good. After 4 hours on many trains I made it. :)

Boy oh boy it feels so weird to not be in Birmingham. 9 months I won't forget. (ya I'm halfway..... what????) Feels like I am learning a whole new language all over again. My ears have finally adapted to the Birmingham accent.... Notts is way easier tho and a lot more posh like the movies hahaha.

I'm in a ward 5x the size of Kidderminster branch. There is a primary, and a youth, AND the members feed you every night!!!!! I'm going to gain some serious weight in this area.

There is so much work to do here..... the sisters only have 2 investigators so ya we have been finding more than I've ever done in my entire life hahaha. But hey we put one of those gators on a date for next Sunday so hopefully we will have a baptism next week. :) we took all her tea out of her flat and now we have so much tea in our flat hahaha.

Anyways nothing too exciting from the norm to talk about. Went to Nottingham castle / Robin Hood Land and city centre today which was way fun I'll send pictures. :) Notts is gorgeous.

SPIRITUAL BIT..... on my mission I have discovered this thing called..... being an optimist. :) there is a quote by Gordon B. Hinckley that says: “It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every day." “If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us.”

The Lord is on our side!!!!! Faith over fear. Everything will work out exactly how it's supposed to. We MUST trust the creator. :) I love you guys!!!! Thanks for all your support, always.

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxx

1) taking tea off an investigator so she doesn't get tempted
2) less active I got to practise my Arabic with from teaching English in kiddie
3) a cat that I may or may not have given bread to the last few nights so he is now a permanent resident.
4) our back garden (garden is yard here. No sense.)
5) this cafe in Nottingham has tons of cats roaming around it as you eat. Gross. England and their cats man.
6) just me and ROBIN HOOD!!!!!! :)
7) tourism at its finest
8) me and robin again
9) a slightly pointless and dramatic photo










No comments:

Post a Comment