Monday, May 15, 2017

Jenna's Baptism and More of Notts

Hiya duck. (Everyone in Nottingham calls you duck!)

This week was again full of finding!!!!! My favourite!!! I actually do
love it the weirdest things happen and it's just so memorable and you
also are able to experience the best of miracles. :)

So our washing machine has been broken for 2 weeks..... I'm runnin out
of clothes!!!!!! (You wouldn't think if you saw me dragging all my
luggage through England a couple weeks ago...) but ya the washing
machine door won't open and my clothes were stuck in there for several
days. And I got aggressive and accidentally ripped the handle off cuz
I was pulling so hard to open the door hahahaha oooops. But ya
hopefully we get that sorted soon. :) we tried to fix it and it
resulted in flooding our kitchen. :) blessseed.

MY FAVOURITE EXPERIENCE THIS WEEK
My sweet companion is from Guyana. She is the strongest girl i have
ever met. Her mom passed away the week before she left on her mission.
Her funeral was the day before she got on the plane to england. This
week she recieved her patriarchal blessing and asked me to sit in on
it and experience it with her because i am her only family. It was one
of the most spiritual experiences of my entire life. It is impossible
to describe. It reminds me of Jeffrey r hollands words in his most
recent conference talk:

"This is when feelings are so deep and personal, even so sacred, that
they either cannot be or should not be expressed--like Cordelia’s love
for her father, of which she said: “My love’s … richer than my tongue.
… I cannot heave my heart into my mouth.” Coming to us as something
holy, these sentiments are simply unutterable--spiritually
ineffable--like the prayer Jesus offered for the Nephite children."

I love the gospel.

We have a cool new investigator in a part memb family named kevin. The
lesson was quite contentious at first / bashy. I have found that to
remove that contention, all you can do is share your testimony. They
can not deny things that you know, and it immediately brings the
spirit. But he said he'd be willing to read the Book of Mormon with us
once a week so that's cool. :) Met so many other cool people we are
teaching now which is exciting!!! It's nice to finally have some
investigators ha this area had nothing.

Jenna was baptised!!!!!! Her date was in july or something and we
moved it up a couple months haha. Shes a former, and has been dropped
so many times just because she requires lots of patience to teach, it
takes her a while to fully understand things. But with daily lessons
and lots of prayers she passed her interview with flying colours and
was baptised sunday!!! The ward was so excited and the service was
beautiful, as they all are!!!

This week in my studies I read the following scripture:

For behold, after ye have been nourished by the good word of God all
the day long, will ye bring forth evil fruit, that ye must be hewn
down and cast into the fire?

READ YOUR SCRIPTURES PEOPLE!!!!!! Take my word for it;). As Boyd K
Packer taught, it truly is the key to spiritual protection. When we
read and study the scriptures, how can we bring forth evil fruit? We
will desire to do good, and the holy ghost will always warn us of what
is evil.

I love love love you guys. Skyping was so special for me. Happy
mothers day to all the very important women in my life!!!!!

Cheers,
Sister mcewan xxxx

1) Nottingham zone conference
2) the district. (Me, sis Bacchus, elder Williams, ferran, winterton,
and Willis)
3) games night with some investigators :)
4) scrubbing the font for the baptism... such a trial.
5) I made sister Bacchus hoover all the spiders.
6) happy day!!!!!!
7) sweet Jenna's special day
8) Mother's Day Skype!!!!!!
9) a missionary selfie







No comments:

Post a Comment