Monday, January 29, 2018

The Most Pure Joy

Hey fam! Lots to report on this week but I HAVE NO DESIRE to send a mass email when I can just tell ya in person in 3 weeks hehe:) 

This week while sat on a bus I was able to give out a Book of Mormon and testify of its truthfulness to the sweetest man called jack. 18 months of missionary work can be so emotionally, physically, and mentally draining. I will not lie this is the hardest thing I have ever EVER done. I don’t know if I could go past the 21st of February.... I love it, but it is hard stuff! But I will always miss the constant exposure to sharing my testimony. Sharing a Book of Mormon, whether they accept, or do not accept, makes me so happy. Our duty is to invite. Our purpose is to share. Even if they do not accept, we have fulfilled just that! God wants to give every child the opportunity to hear. That is what we are called to do. :) I will miss the badge and the excuse to share everything I love so dearly at any moment because of it. :) All I could think about the rest of the bus ride was how much I’d miss that. Thankfully Jack accepted and is now taking the missionary discussions:)

Man, I love Cardiff. This ward is home! I always feel that way in a 3 transfer area. It will be so hard to say goodbye. Yesterday we drove home from church with a family that will be lifelong friends for me. We were singing and laughing I wanted to bundle that feeling up and keep it forever! Pure joy is the only way to describe. “WHEN THE FOCUS OF OUR LIVES IS ON JESUS CHRIST AND HIS GOSPEL, WE CAN FEEL JOY REGARDLESS OF WHAT IS HAPPENING - OR NOT HAPPENING - IN OUR LIVES” - Russel m Nelson :):):) (best talk ever) this is why a mission is so sweet (even including the not so sweet bits) :):) 

I can’t wait to bring my family here!

Here’s to 3 more! 

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxxxxx

Pictures
1) district 
2) bus times
3) welsh 
4) Castle on the Hill (Cardiff Castle hehe) 
5). This yummy Japanese place we discovered it’s the best as u can see by my creepy face. Also I have MASTERED chopsticks on my mission. Didn’t think I’d use them this much but it hey!
6) all the missionaries sign this toilet in our flat haha so random 
7) typical;) 
8) Lizzie! My favourite  baby.





No comments:

Post a Comment