Monday, January 15, 2018

God vs. The World

Helllooooooo! 

Quick update! Cardiff is great! Members are shocked about 6 sisters haha. Church was the weirdest thing every yesterday. I think a lot are pretty upset there aren’t elders but.... they’ll get over it haha. 

Tuesday morning the elders were leaving Cardiff. Our alarm didn’t go off it was terrible we had to meet them at the station at 7:30 and we woke up at 7:15 we literally booked it to the station I was wearing my pyjamas under my skirt hahaha bless us. Then we helped all the sisters come in and settle. 

Wednesday long hard day. Came home getting ready to eat dinner and a random dominoes pizza man shows up at our door with already paid pizza and snacks!!!!!!! All thanks to my bfffffffffff joe:) my comp was thrilled hahahahah. :) it was the best:) 

Friday we did service for the rushworths. My favourite day of the week haha. I really love this family! And yulia taught me how to iron shirts so I’m almost a pro now! :) 

We got a cool self referral this week a man called paul we are seeing in the week we are excited for that. :) we did lots of finding and stop bys but didn’t have loads of success.. part of being a missionary though! 

This ward is really upping their game with member missionary work. We are being fed almost every night. It is great. Getting lots of referrals as well :) we have been working hard to build trust with the members :):) me and fahl are meeting a lot of people in the bathroom on a Sunday morning as well because I am always doing my makeup right before church in the bathroom lol. But great for member work! 

This week I have been reading in alma around chapter 50. I’m reading about the war between the lamanites and Moroni and his army. Something that really stuck out to me was that the dissenters of the nephites were even more wicked and ferocious than those who were always lamanites. I think that anyone who leaves the church (even those who stay) are tempted more by Satan. It also amazed me that during the battle, SO MANY of the lamanites fell but no one of moronis army were slain. NOT EVEN ONE! it says that they had many wounds obviously but they were on the lords side. It talks about how they prepared themselves daily. Not only because of their armour but by reading and prayer. If we are prepared, we will always win the fight! We may get hurt, but we will heal, God will not forsake his people! If we give up time for him, he will give us anything. :):) God always wins! 

“Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.”

See ya in 5 WEEKS FAM! 

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxxx

Pictures: sorry not really any. 

1) goodbye elders! 
2) happy pizza!
3) happy companion! 
4) ironing FOR LIFE! 
5) found Bethlehem 





6) Watching comps try on shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment