Monday, January 8, 2018

6 weeks, and... 6 sisters?

ITS MY LAST TRANSFER PEOPLE! WHAT IN THE WORLD! ? ! ? ! ? !

so we got the dodge last night...... PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. I will be staying in Cardiff with sister fahl!!! We jumped for joy when we found out haha. But they are changing literally the entire mission so I’m also pretty shocked....... basically they took elders out of Cardiff and replaced them with 4 other sisters.... so we are going to have 6 sisters in the Cardiff/Rhiwbina Ward which is UNHEARD OF. so there’s that. It will be super interesting haha... we called our ward mission leader to tell him the news and he said ‘wow we will be so close to the celestial kingdom’ HAHA. but sister tarapi from the Philippines has followed me from Worcester and we get to die together! So that will be fun:) also gonna miss the elders.... 

We finished off this last transfer on a high note. Had some cool experiences this week:)

Tuesday we headed to St Mellons and Llanrumney to do some less active and part member family stop bys. While walking through the neighbourhoods we were stopping people. One lady we stopped was from the Philippines and was a member!!!! She had even served a mission!! But she went less active once she came to Wales. She gave us her address and phone number to stop by! We were shocked. It’s been almost 17 months now and I am still shocked by gods omnipotence hahah. 

We stopped by a less active /part member family called the Obijiwanas SO LOVELY! they are from Nigeria. The mum Sandra and her 3 daughters came to listen to us. We invited them to church and Sandra said probably not. But the girls were so sad. Then we taught them how to sing I am a child of god and Sandra was in tears! She pulled out her phone and was like ‘okay what is your number we want to come to church’ it was so cooooool:) and one of their daughters, Olivia, expressed how badly she wanted to be baptised. I hope the ward will be good and bring them to church on a Sunday! 

The next day we went back to st Mellons because we made some appointments there. On the way to our first appointment we got a bit lost.... we had no idea where we were. As we were walking there was a little 9 or 10 year old boy on his bike crying so hard passing us. So I stopped him and asked if he was okay he had lost his mom, couldn’t find her anywhere:( bless him! He was crying so hard. Sis fahl gave him some tissue and we asked him if he wanted to say a prayer with us. And that sweet little boy did! He was finally calm and knew exactly where to go to find her. I hope he always remembers that prayer and the comfort he received from it. All of our lessons fell through but I knew we were meant to be there that night. One of our lessons didn’t answer the door and it started chucking down rain and hail so we just sat on their doorstep to take cover hahaha. They never showed up so that’s good or would have been awkward just sat there. So many times me and sister fahl look at eachother like ‘what are we doing with our lives’ hahaha I love those moments. 

Thursday we visited the sick and afflicted;) went to 2 different hospitals. I could never work there. My body ached just being inside! The first woman we went to visit had dementia. So sad! But quite the experience I must say! We sang to her and she told us to stop and we sounded horrible Hahahaha. And we asked if we could come back and she said no hahahah so nice lady! She kept falling asleep at random times and then she would wake up for 10 seconds with loads of energy just smiling away and then she was OUT again. Bless her. We then visited rosemary (my fave old lady) her grand daughter told me I was pretty and rosemary said to her ‘you should get your eyes checked’ HAHAHAH bless me! 

We then went to another hospital. We visited an old lady who was so confused so we ended up just leaving :/ think we were making things worse. Then we visited a ysa member who had been in hospital for 8 years because of several different reasons. She was in a psychiatric unit because it had to do with her brain though she was normal. It was really interesting being in there.... lots of random people wandering around and weird things going on. Quite the experience I must say. But she came into the visitors room and we chatted with her for about an hour. She was in tears to us about how badly she just wanted to come to church and do missionary work and be a ‘normal member’. I realised that I take that sooooooooo for granted. That I get to partake of the sacrament every week and be with other members. Bless her. We became really close to her and she is going to skype in now to lessons that we have! Which is great!:) such a sweet girl who god has a perfect plan for.  

Sister fahl and I tried both marmite and vegemite this week. IT WAS SO GROSS. DONT TRY IT. members fed us marmite spaghetti hahahahahahahahahahaha bless me!!!!!!!! 

Sis fahl and I took a walk to the BEACH the coldest beach I’ve been to in my entire life. Hahaha I wore my wellies we trudged through mud and the beach was all rocks and seaweed haha I loved it though it was sooooo beautiful:):) 

It was such a shock to wake up to the news of losing our beloved prophet. This week we sang ‘we thank thee o god for a prophet’ a countless number of times. The song meant so much more to me. I took the time to study his council this week. It really stuck out to me that his final 2 conference addresses were about 2 subject: The Book of Mormon, and kindness. 2 vital things in our mortal existence. 2 things that I know can give you a happy life. 2 things that have changed me! 

I have 6 more weeks as a set apart missionary to share this book with my brothers and sisters. I hope that God uses me as the instrument he intends for me to be. :) 

Dwi’n caru ti ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Cheers, 
Sister McEwan xxxxxx

Pictures:

1) bus life!
2) double decker bus aka “DUBS DECK”
3) random weird arm lol bless!
4) welsh quote at hospital 
5) rocky beach!
6) 😛😛😛
7) ocean!
8) typical badge pic
9) ❤️
10) district!
11) FULL CHART

image1.jpeg











No comments:

Post a Comment