Monday, October 9, 2017

Rigby's Baptism and Back to KIDDIE

HEY GUYS 

Good week in Worcester. Very tired but that’s okay. 

So no I’m not getting transferred back to kiddie but I GOT TO GO BACK THIS WEEK!!!! And it was the best day of my mission I think. 

So there is the sweetest family of 4 little kids that live in Kidderminster but they attend the Cannock ward with their dad (my first area) and I became so close with their sweet mom who is a less active member in kiddie. Anyways their little boy rigby was baptised!!! And they asked if I could come so I pleaded with my mission pres and he let me. :) words can’t explain my happiness as I walked off the train back to kiddie. WOW even just the smell of the chapel brought back so many memories haha I was in tears.  It it was so special because all my favourites from both my first 2 areas were there. Cant even tell you how good it was. Being surrounded by so many that I love. At so many times I kept thinking “wow this is what heaven will feel like”

My grandpa McEwan shared with my a scripture that so very fits how I feel about these people!!! “I love the scripture in Alma 27: 4 that expresses this congenial love and affection.  "Ammon and his brethren saw ...............those whom they so dearly beloved, and among those who had so dearly beloved them---for they were treated as though they were angels sent from God to save them from everlasting destruction." 

These people are my angels sent from god. 

They had me in the program as well they asked me to give a testimony just before he was confirmed which was really special. :) I just love that family with my whole heart. 

Driving home was random. We were going to take the train but this random family from Weymouth insisted on driving us back to Worcester cos they were going down south. Haha missions are weird you just get in the car with strangers all the time (members don’t worry)

Well other than that haha I don’t really have anything that tops that. 

FACEBOOK has come to the England Birmingham mission. Ha. The last mission in the British isles to get it. So if you see me on Facebook don’t stress lol. Cracking down on loads of rules as well we will be trained on how to use it for proselyting this week.... 

Our investigators are the same. Still coming out to church but have their own road blocks which is frustrating. Regina is doing so well and she will be baptised it just won’t be right now. But she is totally taking control of the lessons and on top of coming out to church as well. One of our investigators who struggles with the plan of happiness was just told she has cancer which was really hard for her. Her brother is in the ward and he wasn’t there today but she still came (progress) I think she wants comfort and knows where to find it she just can’t admit that. ;) but she asked for a priesthood blessing which was cool 😎 it was great because all the testimony’s today were about the priesthood and “having the faith to not receive the miracle” I think it was good for her. 

We’ve made playing the piano at the cathedral a weekly ritual. :) it is always a great experience playing the hymns there and the workers are always really happy when I come to play a little :)

We met some great people this week and got let in while knocking doors on Wednesday. We got to teach about the Book of Mormon to 2 girls they were really sweet and asking lots of questions it was cool gonna go back Tuesday :)

We did service for this old woman and man who are husband and wife and suffer from dementia we just had to sit with them and keep them company for a couple hours giving their daughter (a member) a break. It was hilarious listening to them talk to eachother. the man kept forgetting where he lived (we were at their home where their daughter takes care of them) anyways his wife kept saying “darling, we live here! This is our home!” And he would be like “no this is not where I live” and she would be like “no darling we have lived here for 3 years this is our home!” Then he would be like “when will we go back home?” Literally repeat that conversation over and over and over for an hour straight. Then he FINALLY UNDERSTOOD that’s where he Lived. About 5 mins later we brought in his dinner, he put it on his lap to eat and he said “wow this looks great, I’ll eat this then we can go home dear” hahahahahahahaha I was dying. His wife was SO FRUSTRATED Hahahaha bless these 90 year olds. 

Went to Malvern one day and locked our bikes at the co-op Some CHAVS decided it would be super nice of them to steal my hand grips off my bike and my front tire as well?????? But not to worry Bernard Haw came to save the day!!! As always bless him. The haws came to pick up my bike and he spent the next day fixing it bless him then he came back had bought me lights, new tire, and fixed my brakes!!! Such a good guy then he said “that’s what grandads do! They have to take care of their grandkids!!” Haha so cute. 

Well I’m super boring this week and don’t have anything else good. Just hiked the MALVERN HILLS sooo beautiful!! Will send pics. 

While reviewing conference from last week I found so much that I had unknowingly missed!!! I would highly encourage reading and rereading the instruction given by Gods chosen servants! Their messages come directly from HIM! 

One that I really enjoyed studying this week was Elder Bednars. He quoted my favourite scripture: Because of the saviours atonement a mighty change takes place in us, “we have no more disposition to do evil but to do good continually” mosiah 5:2

My favourite thing that he said was that “our scales of distortion will fall from our eyes” 

When we come to know the saviour, and use his atonement in our lives, we no longer long for the things of the world. So how can we do this?

He goes on to say: We too often allow ourselves to come down to the level of the world. The sabbath day helps us rise above the corruption of the world. 

I love this!!!! So often people ask us what is the importance of going to church? Why would I need to do that when I already know what I need to? If I’m living a good life? Well it can help us rise above the world! Our worldly desires fade. Church give us that extra motive and spirit to do this. We read! We go to church! We pray! And we no longer desire to do evil, but to do GOOD continually :):) 

I love you all. Thank you for all your support. I am cherishing every day. 

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxx

Pictures: lots this week will send another email 

1) THE WORK in action. Sister mamajanyan teaching on the train :) 
2) my new ride at the museum lol
3) museum a member took us to so random
4) museum 
5) sunset while tracting 
6) WELCOME TO KIDDERMINSTER 
7) THE MALWES my favourites from Cannock 
8) sister MCCALL my other favourite from Cannock!!!:)
9) RIGBYs baptism bless him he is so sweet 
10) Sarah my girl  
11) my children 
12) I scream you scream we ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!!












Great Malvern 🍃🌻


No comments:

Post a Comment