Monday, October 23, 2017

Baptism! Funeral! Cardiff!

Hi guys :):)

I’m in wales! The train ride was so beautiful. The first thing we saw entering wales was a huge castle haha I’ll send a picture. I am really happy here!!! Looove serving in the city. We live in the city centre of Cardiff it’s amazing!!! (Flat isn’t though........ we live in the middle of 3 pubs in uni housing and we are in an old elders flat which is absolutely disgusting) but that’s okay I still love it. :) I’m so tired by 10:30 all the people partying outside our window doesn’t bother me ha

But ya Cardiff City centre is unreal. So excited to be here! Although it hasn’t stopped raining. All they said about wales is true haha. I will not be using a blow dryer ever again it isn’t worth doing my hair SO WET. SO COLD. Already wearing my winter coat. 

Sister Siri-ek is sooooooo adorable! Hahaha seriously the sweetest and too funny! She makes me laugh so hard. Bless her English hahaha. This week our ‘words to work on’ were spaghetti and struggling. not quite perfected but we are getting there haha. We also both have realised we say ‘bless’ way too much. We literally bless everything haha we counted how many times we said it on the way to the chapel yesterday and it was over 20 in a 30 minute journey bless us ;)

Miracle on Wednesday we wanted to meet up with a girl getting baptised Saturday but she didn’t have time and neither did we. But god still provided a way!!! We were on the same bus as she was in the evening it was such a blessing so we still got to talk about the baptism! 

So at 10:00 Thursday night we got a call from our bishop saying ‘I heard you play the piano, could you play for a funeral tomorrow at 9 am?’ Haha. It was for a nonmember who wanted her funeral at our church. It was one of the strangest funerals I’ve been to but good memories. The members here are so happy I play the piano haha during every meeting on Sunday I was pulled out of my lesson to play haha so fun. I love playing the hymns in sacrament meeting haven’t done that since Cannock cause they’ve always had a pianist so I’m lovin it :) 

Saturday we had a baptism for Georgia! She was the zone leaders investigator but they passed her over to us because they moved to Caerphilly. It was definitely one of the best baptisms I’ve been to. She is 16 it was really special because all the youth bore their testimonies and then they asked me to do a musical item so i did come thou fount. All her family came to support her as well though they are not members it was such a good afternoon. 

First night in Cardiff we went out knocking and we knocked a street where I think every one of them were from the valley, could not understand A WORD they were saying wow the accent is impossible. And no I don’t have to learn welsh Hahahaha but all the street signs and store signs and busses are in Welsh and English. It’s cool I’ll send some pictures next week. 

I already know that this is the place I’m supposed to be!!! I already have such a great connection with the members and I’m just so happy I get to finish  in a place like this (fingers crossed they don’t move me again) missing Worcester though of course. 

We went to a youth fireside this week and someone said that we shouldn’t be ‘tape measure mormons’ we shouldn’t measure the straight and narrow path to see how far along the edges we can walk. We should always walk in the centre. :) I love this. 

Well there’s so much to say but I am bored of writing this haha love you guys and please pray for my cute little sister Amelia for her first week on the mission. ❤️

Cheers,
Sister McEwan x 

Photos 

1) castle from the train (bad picture sorry) 
2) Cardiff 
3) welsh on the bus 
4) Pancakes 
5) Georgias baptism! 
6) saying goodbye to some favourite Worcester members :) 
7) Iesu Grist! How do you say this I have no idea. 
8) sister Siri-ek calls me Maybelline because it sounds like Madeline haha bless her. 
9) sweet Georgia and her family :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment