Monday, October 16, 2017

Bye England Helloooo WALES!

Helllloooo earthlings! (Ew)

Anyways I am moving! To a different country! :) Excited to see what’s in store for me in Cardiff, Wales!!!! It is the capital of wales and right on the coast so I’m really looking forward to no longer being landlocked ;);) it will be 
lovely! I am follow up training a girl named sister Siri-ek from Thailand!! Thailand, Albania, Ukraine, Armenia, Canada, Guyana, you can’t get much more foreign than sis McEwans comps! Shout out to de cap though you’re not that foreign. Ohanyan I love you so much. Sinumem kez shat gyankes.

OH MY GOODNESS DE CAP AND OHANYAN ARE COMPANIONS I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!! NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY. wish we could be in a trio wouldn’t that be fun. My two besties in Peterborough. 

ANYWAYS 

I’m sad to be leaving Worcester so soon. Last night was really hard saying goodbye to members and friends I have become so close to. One of the 90 year olds wanted to throw me a going away party tonight haha I love her bless her. A few are planning a kidnapping so I can stay in Worcester till the end ;) one old man said ‘oh it’s such a shame you are leaving, but do you think you could leave your eyelashes here?’ HAHAHAHA. hoping this’ll be my last area though done with these goodbyes!!

I want to send lots of love and kisses to my beautiful sister Amelia off to uruguay!!!! We will both be traveling to different countries on Tuesday if that makes you feel any better?:) knowing you’re in this with me makes it so much better. I know you’re so excited and I couldn’t be more proud of you. Wish I could have seen you speak yesterday. I love you Mia!!

Yesterday we had a European broadcast with elder Ballard which was UNREAL I wish everyone could have seen it (I think you can though on lds.org maybe? Totally worth a watch)

One bit I loved is he said that we must pray to be excited to be a member of the one and only true church. I love this. There are so many things in this gospel to be excited about. He told us not to be ashamed to be a member and to tell your friends!! He said ‘what will you say to them? I do not know’ (loved that) ‘but let the spirit work in you’ it is different for every person. There is no one way solution to bring people unto Christ. And I’m sure if anyone knows that it’s god himself ;) The important thing is to follow the spirit. Because he knows exactly how that person is going to recognise the truth in our precious message. 

Amelia. If there is any advice I could give you for your mission.... Grandma Butler sent a quote from Sister Larsen who spoke at your farewell. I couldn’t have said this any better. 

“When we do our duty, we do things well, When we do it with love, we do it beautifully.”

Do all things with love, and your mission will be nothing but a success. (Your mission in life, your mission in church, your mission in anything) I can promise you that. 

I love you all. 

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxxx

Photos!

1) leaves in Malvern 
2) yay! Autumn. 
3) church I liked in Malvern 
4) this dog ran into our house we captured it though and fed it bacon don’t worry 
5) great scripture in almaaaaaa
6) district meeting pictures! Opheikens going home ;(
7) welsh badge. How do you pronounce it? No clue. 










This is written about Madeline from a couple who has dearly loved and given great service to her in England. It was sent to my parents as they have developed a friendship both being Madeline's "grandparents."
As you probably know by now that Madeline will be moving to Cardiff on Tuesday. We have so much enjoyed her serving in Worcester and will miss her lovely spirit very much. We are so glad we had her over for dinner last Thursday (she thought that she may be leaving) so we just had to make sure we had her at our home just in case she was going to be transferred. 
Thank you for the three photos of her when she was a baby and little girl they did make us smile but in a nice way. She has given us a few more of when she was a little girl. She was a lovely little girl. 
We were looking forward so much to meeting her from the day you were at Gadfield Elm and told us she would be coming to the Birmingham England Mission, so when she finally came it was as if we knew her already and the past three months we have got to know her a lot more and grown to love her very much. She is a special missionary with a special spirit, that makes her stand out as a lovable person. We will keep in touch with her through emails and told her we can’t fix her bike or have her over for dinner anymore, but will encourage her and share our testimony and love for her through emails for the last four months of her mission.  
She told our Grand daughter Jessica at church yesterday that she was her sister as they have the same grand parents which made us very happy to be her English grand parents. 
We love this picture of her she gave us of her with her sisters 
We will keep In touch with you with any news we have and will see her again before she goes home as we have to give her something for you to bring home with her
Love 
Bernard & Val 


No comments:

Post a Comment