Monday, October 30, 2017

Cast About Your Eyes

Cardiff week 2!

Monday night we went to a lesson and we were 15 minutes late so they told us off made us feel really awkward but that’s life. So we went into city centre to do some finding and all these drunk guys kept coming up to us so we thought that was probs not the best idea. 

Tuesday morning we had a lesson with a 18 year old girl from Portugal. It was a good resto lesson she’s really sweet. Her friend in Portugal referred her to the missionaries so we will see how it goes. After we visited the most interesting less active woman. Bless her life. We taught a great lesson about the atonement and how it will always be available to her if she wants it. After the lesson we asked her what she was going to do the rest of the day and she said “hmm I’ll probably play x box and get high” we were like wow that obviously lesson went well

Then we went knocking for 3 hours. We had lunch really early around 11 and our dinner appointment wasn’t until 7 so I was STARVING. While we were walking to the specific area we wanted to tract I started praying that I would have the energy to keep going and not give up. Right after I finished my prayer we stopped a man walking past us. We introduced ourselves, he already knew who we were and was investigating the church last January! He was even already in our phone. His name was ‘baby’ haha no joke because he has 8 older sisters (ya max 3 isn’t that bad). But anyways he was like wow you guys are working so hard he reached into his pocket and gave me a banana hahahahahaha TENDER MERCIES prayers were answered Hahahaha too good it was the best normally wouldn’t take random fruit from random strangers but hey it came from god I know it ;) he was a really cool guy though we are meeting him this week. 

Walking around finding all day with sister Siri Ek is so funny she is hilarious. This week she told me her brothers name is ping pong BLESS HIM and her first name means flour. When she told me this I was like ‘wow so beautiful you are named after flower’ she was like ‘no, the stuff you cook with’ Hahahaha. Also so innocent whenever we get out of a lesson she will always ask me what certain words mean the investigator said which 9 times out of 10 are swear words. 

Had our DA and the family was shocked because we were 5 minutes early I guess the missionary rep in Cardiff is 30 minutes late. We didn’t tell them about our incident the night before Hahahaha but they were so happy and have already scheduled to feed us again next week because of it so hopefully we won’t be late or that will be awkward but I’ve gotten better at being on time to things on my mission hopefully that will last. Probs won’t tho ;) 

Well that was all on Tuesday and already too long!

Other random things we ate some nasty Chinese food with lamb in it that got us sick. We cleaned at least 3 houses haha. Next week we get to sell poppies! So excited. Round 2. There was a huge uni party on Wednesday outside our flat... so noisy!!! So many drunk people! I am so thankful for the standards we have haha. Ummmm... I don’t know what else. I just love it here really. 

One day this week I studied alma 33. I loved it!! It talks about the bible story of when all the people had to do was look at the serpent to be healed, but some didn’t because of their stubbornness. We might mock their hard heartedness or say ‘well that is so easy! Why didn’t they just look at it!!!’ When in reality, we are doing the same thing. ‘O my brethren if you could be healed by merely casting about your eyes that he might be healed would ye not behold quickly?’

Don’t we want to be healed? Don’t we want to be happy? “THEN CAST ABOUT YOUR EYES AND BELIEVE IN THE SON OF GOD” he is the ONLY way to be healed, so let us have the faith to just simply look to him. 

My promise of pursuing these things coincides with the final verse of this marvellous chapter. “And then may God grant unto you that your burdens may be light, through the joy of his son.”

There is so much joy! Especially in his son. 

Happy Halloween!! I’ll eat all the good chocolate for you guys over here in Britain ;):)

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xx 

Pictures

1) sister Siri says I have hair that looks like cotton candy 
2) Bridgend And Cardiff district photo 
3) Thai gangster pic 
4) trying to touch her tongue to her nose “it’s so close” she kept saying Hahahahahahahaha 
5) TRUE THAT
6) Merry go round in Cardiff :) 
7) big fluffy dog we found in Cardiff hehe 
8) cute returned missionary from Carlsbad @camri!!!!!








My life 24/7 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment