Monday, July 31, 2017

Consider the Lilies

WOWOWOWOWOWW IT IS SO GOOD TO BE BACK ON THIS SIDE OF THE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is so much to say this week.

Oh man. It all started early Tuesday morning when I had to take a
train with all my luggage back to BIRMINGHAM. my love. I was panicking
when we got to new street station... I was nervous about moves and
everything, didn't wanna miss my train. Etc. Anyways we get down to
the platform and there was one other sister on my train to Hereford.
An elder helped us get all our luggage and bikes onto the train way
fast cuz it was just about to leave. We sit down. The door closes.
Then I proceeded to ask the elder which area he was headed to and he
said "Leicester." Definitely on the opposite side of the mission. So I
was like "hey mate, just so you know, you're on the wrong train." He
then pointed to the front of the train which read "Leicester". So ya
my heart dropped to the ground. I quickly threw my bags off the train
and BOOKED it to the Hereford train which was leaving in 30 seconds.
Made it. Barely. All passengers were laughing at me and my attempt to
get 3 luggage and a bike onto the train in a pencil skirt. Thx 4 the
help.

The stop before Worcester was Kidderminster I was SO tempted to just
get off there.... But I didn't.... Got off at Worcester and a bird
pooped on me as I stepped off the train. The greatest warm welcome
back to Worcestershire. Man it's SO GOOD TO BE
BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've already ran into 4 members from
Kidderminster oh my days the best reunions ever. HAHA it's hilarious
cause whenever I tell people here i served in kiddie they're like "wow
I'm so sorry" hahahaha everyone thinks it's such a hole (it is lol)
but I love it.

Anyways this place is basically kiddie 2.0 but WAY bigger WAY more
diverse and it's a ward not a branch and the members are on fire ready
for missionary work!!!! I know I'm going to love it. Definitely the
biggest area I've served.... so there's been NO walking. Biking all
day every day and my body is killing me hahah. They took out elders in
Worcester so there are 2 teams of sisters which has been
interesting...... we have a 2 hour bike ride ahead of us this week so
pray for my legs. I have come home dead every day. I can barely walk I
have some nice new blisters also sprained my ankle which has been such
a pain. Mission life my feet will never be the same. :):)

Okay here's a crazy story:
We were at the chapel on Wednesday evening for coordination when a man
with long hair and a beard walks in. We asked him if we could help him
and he said "yes, actually. No churches are helping me." So we said
"okay what can we do for you???" He said "Everyone in England says
that I am Jesus and I need your church to do something about it. This
is the biggest thing since Jospeh smith, it is a major biblical
event!" We were like uhhhhhhh what. He was convinced he was
jesus......

So many crazy people here I've missed it.

Also taught a lesson to a guy who wouldn't commit to live the word of
wisdom because he "was trying to cure lepracy" (the correlation
between the 2???? Not quite sure....) he said the closing prayer for
us and for 3 mins was going off about cats sis baker and I were so
confused. Then in the middle of his 10 minute long prayer he got up to
get his tobacco and coffee and gave it to us. He changed his mind and
wanted to commit to keep the word of wisdom mid sentence haha. Power
of prayer? Sure why not. We met him again a few days later and he just
had drool dripping from his face the entire lesson (withdrawals) I
don't think he got anything out of it... but he's clean!!!

EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Dean the recent convert in Nottingham got the priesthood
yesterday!!!!!!!! Oh my I am so happy for him. :) and Sarah George RC
in kiddie got her husbands baptism done in the temple and is taking
family names now!!!! She's a family history addict I love it.:):) she
also gave a talk in sacrament last week (a member told me) she said it
was soooo sweet as she included her conversion story. Aww I love her.

My birthday was weird!!!! Hahaha it was like my 2nd day in Worcester
so nobody knew. I didn't tell anyone haha but that night I got a sweet
call from some members in Notts :) but ya spent my 20th knocking doors
in a downpour. :) what could be better!!!!?? (Also taught drool man)
taught he most AWKWARD WORD OF WISDOM LESSON to a guy with literally 3
of his neighbours smoking right next to us hahahaha it was soooooooooo
awkward we were rebuking them through the scriptures indirectly they
kept giving us dirty looks hahah so awk.

We found 7 new investigators this week with the coolest backgrounds.
Tell ya about them next week though cuz this is getting too long:)
just have to say again.... man I've missed being here. THE FIELD IS
WHITE ALREADY TO HARVEST.

This week I studied Doctrine and Cov. 84. Thanks to Sarah hall

"Therefore, take ye no thought for the morrow, for what ye shall eat,
or what ye shall drink, or wherewithal ye shall be clothed. For,
consider the lilies of the field, how they grow, they toil not,
neither do they spin; and the kingdoms of the world, in all their
glory, are not arrayed like one of these. For your Father, who is in
heaven, knoweth that you have need of all these things."

The most important thing is the task at hand. Heavenly Father KNOWS
what we need. And now, I need to give my all to this and nothing else.
And that is what I will do.

Speak SOON!!!!!

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxx

Photos:
1) goodbye nottingham! Some of my favourite members
2) Everyone on the train hated us and all our luggage..... haha! There
were 7 missionaries. Not pretty.
3) a fave from Kidderminster!!!!! Love Morris!!!
4) BIRTHDAY!
5) me and sis Baker. Shes from North Carolina btw. Love her!










No comments:

Post a Comment