Monday, August 7, 2017

Wilford Woodruff in Worcester

Another great week here in Worcester!!!!! Full of absolute weirdos and
miracles too. :)

Start off with Tuesday!!!!!

Stressful day. The elders in Evesham (district leader) were coming in
a week late because Opheikens was training and his boy just came in.
It's soooooo fun being back with opheikens aw man bringing back some
great mems from Birmingham but I think our whole district hates us
cause we just talk about it the whole time haha. But anyways they were
coming on a train and we had their keys and phone. We had noooo idea
when they'd get to Worcester because they had no phone so we literally
sat at the station all day and watch every train to see if elders were
on it. After 6 hours of trying to spread the gospel at the train
station;)...... they decided to arrive!!!!! Haha bless them.

In the morning we tried finding in city centre and sat down for a
moment. We were quiet for a for minutes then started talking about how
we wish we could just teach someone instead of spend all our time
finding someone to teach. All of a sudden some random dude comes and
sits down next to us and is like "mormons! Tell me about your
church!!!!!" He was so neat and from KIDDERMINSTER!! We talked about
the church for no joke and hour. It was sick. Hopefully he goes to
church in kiddie this week :):)

We met the coolest guy from Portugal last week sat on a bench by the
canal who we taught a great lesson to on Saturday!!!! He lives here in
Worcester now for work he's about 30. He came to church with us
yesterday!!!! Miraclesssz. lol I don't think he fully understood it
was a church service that he was coming to. He definitely strolled
into the chapel in biking spandex and a helmet HAHAHAHAHAH. The
members loved him and all the old women were totally flirting with
him. Bless!!!

This week the we had a door approach where the woman opened the door,
looked us up and down and absolutely disgusted said "What are you?" We
told her missionaries, she then cursed and yelled "Oh for havens sake"
then slammed the door. All those experiences remind me of the talk
"missionary work and the atonement" by Jeffrey r holland. He says
something like: "remember during these moments that you are standing
shoulder to shoulder with the greatest missionary the world has ever
known." He is talking about the saviour! And whoso receiveth you,
there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on
your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your
hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Met a weird Latvian dude. When we stopped him we said "hi we are
missionaries" and before we could even continue he just looked up,
threw his hands up in the air and yelled "I AM A MISSIONARY TOO, FROM
THE CHURCH OF LOVE!!!!!!" Everyone in city centre was staring at us.
He asked where we were from, we said America and he said "oh I've been
there!" Then he pulled out his phone and thought it'd be a good idea
to show us a picture of him hanging from a tree in the Grand Canyon
with absolutely no clothes on at all. EW!!!!! It was so gross he was
so random and asked if he could speak to our congregation on Sunday.
It was fast and testimony meeting so...... I've never not wanted
someone to come to church so bad hahahaha bless him.

Yesterday I gained a testimony of helmets. Had my first bike accident.
My helmet is completely broken I'm all achey and scraped up. I think
Nottingham was a time for emotional trials... Worcester must be
physical!!!!!!! Was going too fast, hit a curb the wrong way, went
flying and so did my bike:) and it so kindly chose to land upon me:)
went to the hospital this morn to check out my head, all good
though!!!

LOOK WHAT I FOUND: While serving a mission in England in 1840,
President Wilford Woodruff (1807–98), then one of the Twelve Apostles,
was prompted by the Spirit to go to the south of England. Through his
efforts and the efforts of others serving with him, about 2,000 people
were converted in the area of Herefordshire, Worcester, and
Gloucester. Reflecting on this extraordinary period of his life,
President Woodruff wrote: “The whole history of this Herefordshire
mission shows the importance of listening to the still small voice of
God and the revelations of the Holy Ghost. The Lord had a people there
prepared for the Gospel. They were praying for light and truth, and
the Lord sent me to them."

I AM EXACTLY WHERE MY GRANDPA WAS!!!!! I know that if I have the faith
he will help me find those praying for light and truth here in
Worcester. :) Can't wait to talk all about it with him in the next
life. ;)

Have a great week people!!!!!

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxx

Pictures:
1) bless me
2) Relief society district (more sisters than elders)
3) recent convert just commented this on someone's Facebook status LOL!
4) First sushi in over a year
5) Cute missionary wall the ward mission leader made
6) Sister Val Haw!!! Met my sweet nan and grandpa over a year ago at
Gadfield Elm!!!!! She's been asking president if I could serve here.
First thing she said to me was "I have been waiting a year for you to
come here!!!!!" Hahah.
7) Cathedrals on errry corner
8) Bike crash..... wear ur helmets guys!!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment