Monday, August 21, 2017

Instrument in His Hands

Hey MATES

Brill things happening ova here across 'the pond'

Some highlights:

We met a girl named Regina a few weeks back who was leaving for
Portugal but told us she would text us and meet up with us when she
got back. (People always say that but they never do) BUT SHE TOTALLY
DID!!! We met her at the library, shared with her the Resto and put
her on a baptismal date for the beginning of October!!!! She is 21 and
SO SWEET seriously never met someone like her we are super excited for
what is to come. :) We gave her a Book of Mormon in both Portuguese
and English, she's loving it!!! She works on Sundays but has gotten
them off starting in September so she can come out to church :):)

SARAH GEORGE our Recent convert from Kidderminster came to visit me on
Wednesday 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 it was the best reunion EVER!!!!!!!!
Seriously she is so cute. So strong in the gospel. I've never met a
convert as dedicated. And she does not need ANY help from anyone in
that branch. Sometimes there can be drama at church, but she told us
"no one can offend me enough for me not to come to church, I know it
is true." She went on holiday in France and said she was always
reading her Book of Mormon and when her family asked about it she
would give one to them. The cutest missionary!!!!! She has made my
mission worth it.

Friday was my "trunky meeting" aka self reliance. Basically it's just
a meeting where all the peeps who go home in 6 months talk about after
mission and how we need to be preparing ourselves for it. It was 7
hours long..... and my career results for my online test was a drama
teacher (????) no thank you. But ya got me all NERVOUS for real life.
Stuck in Birmingham literally the entire day though. Man I love that
place I almost shed a tear walking into city centre. So many memories.

Had the best Less Active stop by of my entire mission literally went
perfect. We shared with him a spiritual thought, invited him back to
church, he said yes, hadn't been in 15 years!! Really cool guy.

Went to the hospital to visit an old lady in our ward. Strongest
testimony. It strengthened mine.

Got a new investigator from a referral from a member! His sister! We
went right after a dinner appointment and she had a huge dinner
waiting for us....... I was sick all night!!! Way too much food. But
she was so sweet we couldn't not eat it...... good lesson though and
she came to church on Sunday!

Met some other great people, had some fantastic lessons with new
investigators, one literally out someone's car window while they were
blowing cigarette smoke in our faces. Love it! Also was proposed to by
a 70 year old man. I said no.

What else...... stopped someone who was a satanist / cultist. He knew
all about our church lol.

Played a musical item in sacrament meeting. This ward is seriously so
cute to me. They're all a lot older but definitely one of my
favourites. They are all obsessed with Wilford Woodruff so they all
come up to me and share stories about him they have discovered that
week. It's adorable. Bless them one grandpa asked me if I was a
concert pianist HA bless him! Not even close! Thankful for the mission
though it really has helped me with my piano. Put me out of my comfort
zone. I can play all the hymns now and my playing by ear has gotten
much better!!!! Playing the songs for the primary program in a couple
weeks hahaha. Remember doing that in Cannock last year... time is such
a weird thing!!!! Can't wait to play on my piano in a short few
months. :)

Saw SARAH HALL today for p day. Best p day ever. :):):) love kiddie

Today for P day we bussed into town. There was a man sat behind us who
we started talking to. He asked us about our accents and we told him
why we were here. Immediately tears began to stream down his face. He
told us that this was an answer to a prayer, that he had lost
everything and needed to turn to God. We shared with him the hope that
the gospel brings and a light flooded his eyes. He knew that this was
no coincidence. We are meeting with him tonight! God is so aware of
each of his children. I feel so privileged that he would use me as an
instrument in his hands in bringing this message to every child he
loves.

Pictures:

1) my beautiful Sarah George
2) Teaching Regina outside the library!
3) Trunky meeting!!!! Catchin the plane home with these cuties
(kinda... im the only one going to America....)
4) 6 months
5) at the mission home
6) accidentally matched...l everyone asked us if we had a uniform. Ha!
7) new best friend Joseph. (Bishops son) such a cutie!!!! Fell asleep
in the car after church bless him
8) LOOK WHO CAME TO WORCESTER!!!!!!!!!!! Best day ever.








No comments:

Post a Comment