Monday, July 17, 2017

Melek vs. Ammonihah

Already emailing??? The weeks are flying. Today is my 11 months....
what is happening!?!

This week started out amazing!!!! We got to go to Stamford for
exchanges which is PROPER ENGLAND. Lol.... love the midlands. ;). But
yes it was gorgeous I will send some photos. Exchange was great!!! Got
to be with sister Carson and Nkomo for 2 days so I loved it.

There is a member we went to visit in Stamford who is the carer of an
old woman with Dementia named Pat. I have never been kissed so much on
my mission haha. She kept going for my mouth as well so I had to
quickly move my head so she'd go for my cheek. It was actually really
sad she was just so out of her mind.

Knocked loads this week. Lots of angry people. :) Had little if any
success but saw miracles in other forms of missionary work!!! We
stopped a guy named Matthew on the way to a lesson and scheduled to
meet him at the library the following day. We had such a great lesson
with him and he's willing to read and learn though a little sceptical!
So please pray for his heart to be softened. :) Shawn is being weird
and won't meet with us because he doesn't trust us as we are only
19..... ?? Also said there is a "trust gap" because we don't go by our
first names.

There's a girl who took her name off the church records several years
ago who asked to meet with us this week. We got to teach her and her
step dad and it was AMAZING. We have taught her dad before and he is
atheist. But when we told him we had a living prophet he was blown
away and became more interested!!. But the daughter is great and has
just had the most humbling experience which led her back to the
church. It strengthened my testimony of trials and how they bring us
closer to God. We are excited to see where things will go with her!

Went to follow up with the Russian woman who wasn't in... we wanted to
leave her a note so we popped out the good ol google translate and
took 15 minutes to try to somewhat legibly write some Russian
characters.... hopefully she understood. Thought my mission was
English speaking but clearly it is not.

Got the best early birthday surprise this week from my Grandma and
Grandpa!!!!!! Seriously exactly what I needed after a day full of
slammed doors. :)

Saturday we knocked doors for the last 2 hours of the night and didn't
get even 1 potential. We barely even got a word out before we were
rejected. In Alma 8 It talks about Alma going to Melek, having lots of
success, and then going to Ammonihah where he was rejected by
everyone! (Kind of like Kidderminster to Nottingham hey??) Here is the
scripture....

"Now Satan had gotten great hold upon the hearts of the people of the
city of Nottingham; therefore they would not hearken unto the words of
Sister McEwan and Sister De Capite."

I think that's how it goes;););) But anyways..... Alma really
struggles in Ammoniahah and decides to leave!!!!! But an angel appears
to him and tells him to return. Turns out the Lord was preparing
Amulek just for him, so they could go and preach together! And they
saw many miracles.

"Nevertheless Sisters McEwan and De Capite labored much in the spirit,
wrestling with God in mighty prayer, that he would pour out his Spirit
upon the people who were in the city of Nottingham; that he would also
grant that he might baptize them unto repentance."

Sometimes it is hard not to give up. Even Alma, one of the Book of
mormons greatest missionaries, gave up!!!! And after he did, he
returned. We must return! We must keep trying! To "press forward with
a steadfastness in Christ!!!!" to "wrestle with God in mighty prayer."
Are our prayers as thoughtful and meaningful as they should be? Do we
feel as though we are talking WITH our father in heaven? Developing a
better habit of "mighty prayer" has been something that I have prayed
for on the mission. I have prayed about what I should pray for!!!! And
I have seen my relationship with my father in heaven grow. It has
given me the strength to keep going even when all I want to do is give
up. We will be blessed according to our faithfulness.

The church is true. I can not deny that. And I will do all I can to
share it with others, even if they choose not to accept it.

I love you guys.

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxx

Pictures
1) STAMFORD
2) STAMFORD
3) Best Friends ❤️️❤️️❤️️
4) Service for this disaster of a yard
5) Love her so much
6) Pat my new BFF
7) My attempt to leave a note for a Russian investigator hahaha








PUB GRUB πŸ”πŸŸπŸ»
Early Birthday present from Nan!!!
NOTTINGHAM, City Centre













No comments:

Post a Comment