Monday, July 3, 2017

Cheers! God Bless! Happy 4th! πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Hey guys:))

So first things first. Today the missionaries serving within
nottingham are celebrating the Fourth of July with STYLE!!!!!!!! Even
ones from Ecuador, Canada, and Sweden. :)

We are having a BBQ and it's dang good. Just missing the swimming pool
but that can wait. :)

It rained most the week. I came home soaked from head to toe on the
daily. I gave up on umbrellas.

Monday:
Threw a surprise party for sister Carson:) was her Bday so they did a
sleep over / work over.

Tuesday:
Work over with sister Nkomo. One of my greatest blessings of serving a
mission. Seriously one of the best friends I have made whilst being
out here. She will be an eternal friend!!!! We have way too much fun
together. Served together for a week in kiddie, it just wasn't long
enough!!! But anyways. We stopped by this less active and got ATTACKED
by her dogs. When we knocked the door both of her ginormous dogs
jumped up and just threw their bodies at the door and slammed to the
floor barking aggressively over and over and then she opened the door
and we were on the ground being attacked it was quite horrifying to be
completely honest. She gave us each a squirt bottle to spray the dogs
away from us. Such a traumatic experience but it ended up being a
great stop by (not sure if that's a good thing cause now we have to go
back next week????) but we were able to talk for a good hour with her
husband as well who isn't a member. Good stuff.

Wednesday:
District meeting. We also decided to journey to Stapleford which is an
hour walk from Long Eaton. To see one less active. Who wasn't home.
#blesssss. So we went to see a Hungarian member who struggles with her
English which was exactly what we were meant to do. We got to help her
with her prayers and reading aloud because she is always nervous to do
it in gospel principles. Every time she prays in class or relief
society she always does it in Hungarian but this Sunday she started it
in English, got a little nervous, and switched languages but we were
really proud of her and her husband is not a member so YAY more PM
work!!:) Also taught dean a good lesson with the coulsons.

Thursday:
Went tracting with the sweet American girl who's planning to serve a
mission. Straight rejection for 2 hours which I was kinda sad about
cause wanted to get her excited and not more nervous haha but that's
okay. We had a dinner appointment in the evening and were on our way
back to the flat on the bus. We had 30 mins left and were gonna go
back and call some people / work on the area Book. I had a prompting
to get off the bus when we reached town but kinda pushed it away cause
I was sick of finding and getting rejected the whole day. It was
pouring rain and I just wanted to go home. But then I said "right,
fine, I will go if I count to 10 and the bus is still here." And sure
enough god found a way to make the bus wait 10 seconds. So I told my
comp ok we have to get off right now. She was so confused. We talked
to 10 people and they all weren't interested. The town was really
quiet, no one was out and there was one more guy left we could talk
to. He was smoking outside of subway. He was solid. Super interested.
We have a lesson with him tomorrow that we are excited about. :)

Friday:
More finding. Also went to see a less active who wanted us to go with
her to pick her kids up from school. The elementary made me really
miss being at elementary schools for uni. But ya that just reassured
my desire to be a primary school teacher. :) when her kids saw me they
tackled me to the ground haha. I love them. Oh my also a kiddie member
told me today that one of the less actives kids was asking where I was
today πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ˜­πŸ˜­ I miss Kidderminster so much. :(

Saturday:
Finding. Finding. Finding. We knocked doors the entire day. Met so
many people, have some great return appointments set up for next week.
So I'll let ya know all about them if they don't flog us:)

Sunday:
All our return appointments flogged us:) but saw the parrot lady. So
funny. She just speaks to them like she knows their language then
translates for us. Reminds me of my mom and the dogs. ;) love you mom.
We ate with another American family, quite a few in nottingham. Weird
being with Americans. Now I understand why everyone tells me "ur so
American." Dean bore his testimony at church - TENDER!!!!!! He wore a
white shirt, tie that an elder gave him, aw man it was so great. His
testimony was so sweet as well. Seriously just like he'd been a member
all his life. So proud :'). Ended it with: "cheers! God bless! in
Jesus name!" haha love him so much!!!

My "spiritual bit" is going to be taken from something my beautiful
nan sent me:)

In a recent talk to new mission presidents our wonderful Elder Holland
said, “ Every missionary twosome should be a threesome, and the third
companions should always be the Holy Ghost.  And just as I should
never do anything to offend or hurt my mortal companion, so should I
never do anything to offend or hurt my divine companion, the Holy
Ghost.  I need that guidance with me all the time, in every way.”

I have gained such a special testimony of this divine companion.
Missionary work would be impossible without the witness of the Holy
Ghost. He warns, testifies, brings us to remembrance, and helps us
feel closer to the best missionary of all - the saviour.

Happy 4th of July!!!!!! Enjoy the fireworks and pool for me please. :)
God bless the USA. (And God save the queen) :)
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxx

Pictures:
1) me and sister Nkomo.
2) attempted district meeting photo
3) cemetery in Stapleford. Idk why I took a pic. Kinda cool.
4) this brought back so many childhood memories I must say
5) district finding in long eaton
6) zone leaders thought it'd be funny to silly string attack me......
but they brought me my favourite English chocolate so I think I'll
forgive them:) #galaxygirl shout out to my Cannock momma Linda Mawle.
Xxx
7) Nottingham chapel
8) Dean in his church getup bless!







\








No comments:

Post a Comment