Monday, July 10, 2017

Depth of our Conversion

Ey up me duck!!! πŸ₯

This week was full of good things!!!! here is the low down of the high lights.

There was an Emergency transfer which was kind of exciting hahaa
because ELDER DAINES WALLACE came to my ward / district!!!!!!! Friend
from high school. :) it has been really fun reminiscing about the good
ol Lone Peak. I feel like we are old talking about high school "back
in the day" and unable to remember the names of people lol. He goes
home this transfer. He was serving here when I got my mission call!!!
I remember seeing pictures thinking "wow I hope I get to serve there!"
:) elder Willis is now an office elder. We miss him! Willis, Wallace,
and Williams. The ward is very confused!!!!! There are 2 Elder Louis's
serving together in Birmingham. I think they're up to something????

During our weekly planning session we gave Shawn (the doctor guy) a
call and he was wanting to meet right then at the library. So we said
we would be there in 10 minutes. He was feeling very defeated and had
loads of questions about God and why he didn't feel like he was
answering his prayers. He expressed to us that he wanted to have
energy and a change in his life. Right after he spoke those words I
thought about Dean and his change. I began to tell him his conversion
story and guess who walked into the library.... DEAN!!!! Who better to
testify of the effects of the gospel than a recent convert???? It was
AMAZING. He shared with Shawn his testimony, and when Shawn left he
said - I need that enthusiasm in my life.

He had questions concerning the word of wisdom as well as the law of
chastity when dean left. We had a great lesson / discussion and he
knew the those things were true and came from god! Excited to see
where things go. :)

Saturday we were finding all day and FOR THE FIRST TIME ON MY MISSION
I GOT TO USE MY SPANISH, NOT ONCE BUT TWICE!!!!!!! And wow I was just
getting a feel of what Amelia is going to be experiencing in 3 months.
:) it was so great!!!!! I couldn't believe how much I remembered
hahah. One lady was from Argentina and one from chile. Both agreed we
could come and teach them. (The difference between English people and
foreigners lol amelia u are blessed.) aw man it was so fun using my
espanol. I didn't have much difficulty saying things but understanding
what they were saying back....... lol...... that was quite the
experience... we also knocked into a Russian woman and all my Russian
my Ukrainian comp taught me in the MTC came in handy!!!! :) (hello,
How are you, good, thank you, elder, pencil, and bird) all the
essentials. ;) we are teaching her next week!

Saw the woman who was excommunicated. We showed up when they were
eating dinner and i kid you not there was spaghetti all over the
floors walls ceiling and on every inch of each child (4). Whenever we
go there the children just crawl all over us. And sure enough they did
that day as well... covered in spaghetti!!!!!! so that was not an
experience I will cherish forever...

There is a less active older woman called flora from Iraq whom we
visit about once a week. It is her culture to give and give so much
even if you say no she still gives it to us. Last time she basically
forced us to paint our nails haha, and then when we were leaving we
told her we had to go eat dinner. She asked if we wanted her to make
us pizza and we said no. She immediately went to her kitchen and made
us pizza, beans, peaches, cookies, hot chocolate, (even though 80
degrees outside) apple strudel, and ice cream. Every time we go over
she asks us if we have a boyfriend and when we say no she goes "why???
You have face?? You have legs??? You have feet and feet fingers?????"
Haha bless flora.

Still working with our sweet little part member fam with the husband
on a baptism date!!!! They are doing really well. :) we also have a
less active who told us her daughter wants to meet with us this week
so that was just what we needed after a week full of rejection haha.

This week I finished the book of mosiah!!!! I love the "mighty change
of heart" within alma the younger and the sons of mosiah. My favourite
verse is Mosiah 28: 3 "Now they were desirous that salvation should be
declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human
soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should
endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble."

Right after their conversion, they wanted to do whatever it took to
preach and help be an instrument in the hand of the lord toward the
salvation of others!!!! I love this. The depth of your conversion
reflects upon your desire to help others!!!! And you do not have to be
a missionary to do this!!!!:) I want to invite you all to read mosiah
27 - 28 and read about "the mighty change" and think about what you
can do to be more deeply converted!!!:)

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxx

Pictures:

1) Pretty shortcut we take to walk to the chapel
2) Besties
3) England in one photo lol. Love me the chippy
4) chillin in the library enjoying all the lessons who have FLOGGED us. :(
5) When this happens........ :(
6) High school mates :)







No comments:

Post a Comment