Monday, November 27, 2017

He Knows Me Better

HEY 

Well transfer DoDgE. Sis Siri-ek is moving to Swindon. The last 7 transfers I’ve had 7 companions. WOW. But that’s okay because I am getting SISTER FAHL from Germany!!!! One of my dream companions!!! We have been writing letters for the last year or so saying ‘oh I hope I get to serve with you someday!’ And here we are! So pumped. HERES TO MY LAST 12 WEEKS I hope she will finish me off haha. 

I’ve got loads of pictures this week so I think I’d rather just use those than type everything out this week haha. I’m just really thankful I’m staying in Cardiff. I love it here. Although I’m really gonna miss sister Siri! I’m going to be so lost haha. She is so hilarious. I’m gonna miss all the Asian food. (Kind of)  Literally never had so much noodles in my LIFE. Man.... parting is so bittersweet! (Not sweet at all actually) I’ll probs cry. 

Some highlights though, on thanksgiving some members made us thanksgiving dinner!!!!! Yay! It was really happy and a great evening together. 

Ive still been really sick and haven’t slept much. We live in university housing and our street is like the hub for every weekend and Uni night (wednesdays) people are partying until 4 or 5 and it is SOOOOOO LOUD. plus I could barely breathe with my sore throat so that didn’t help. But the members have taken care of me. A Chinese recent convert gave me loads of Chinese remedies and wants to give me more tonight hahaha bless him I am in good hands!

I love playing the piano here on Sundays. I feel so appreciated every Sunday I get so many people come up to me and thank me for ‘my emotion’ haha. This one grandma came up to me after with tears in her eyes and she said ‘how did you manage to move me in such an upbeat hymn like there is sunshine in my soul?’ Haha I love it. Lilly got to look at the temple grounds in London this weekend! We are excited to meet with her this week. :) 

I had a very spiritual experience this week. The kind of experience that trying to express  in an email just will not portray its beauty. But I can say that I know that God is aware of us individually. And it breaks his heart when he doesn’t hear from us. I know he loves me! Something that means a lot. There’s an EFY song that keeps running through my mind (mission life) and it says over and over ‘he knows me better’ he truly does know me better than I know myself.... and he keeps proving this to me over and over! ;) 

Today for P day we went to Caerphilly castle. SO BEAUTIFUL. So wales. I will send another email with all the pictures. Here are a few from the week though: 

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxx

A favourite member ❤️ she served on temple square with Grandma and Grandpa McEwan!  
“Everyone do the Sister McEwan smile!” Haha 




Companion from Nottingham! Love Sis Bacchus.
Cardiff And Bridgend District 

Someone was too excited and spilled his thanksgiving meal on the floor haha









No comments:

Post a Comment