Monday, November 20, 2017

Oh Wales

Cardiff Cardiff Cardiff!!!! Man this week the field was white! (Probs the first time I’ve ever said that about the Uk.)

Soooooo I’m just gonna share some stories that happened! 

So Thursday to Saturday I was DEAD SICK. Haha Thursday just was not my day. So we went to a members house who live literally right on the bay but also in the middle of nowhere. You have to walk through a forest to get to their house. Like the bus stop doesn’t even have a side walk you just get off in the forest. So as I got off the bus i stepped in a lovely bush of poison ivy. :):):) anyways it was ya super miserable and painful but I survived! Then I did ironing for this member standing up for 4 hours and I started getting really light headed / weak and could barely walk home after (throbbing leg that was stung plus illness) the next morning we had exchanges 

Exchanges were good because I got to be in a car all day though haha so I was just dead in the passenger seat while we went from lesson to lesson. We did one referral stop by which was cool. So the sisters had been stopping by this guy 7 or 8 times but he was never in. This time we knocked, and his neighbour came outside and answered his door because the knock was so loud he thought it was his door haha. Anyways we got talking and turns out the referral door number was wrong and it was THAT GUY we were meant to stop by so that was neat.  

That evening we went tracting in Pontypridd. We knocked a whole street and no one was interested until the last door (how it usually goes right?) we introduced the Book of Mormon to her and then somehow got started talking about her dog and she was like ‘uhh no tell me more about this book’ haha it was cool. 

After that we went to the flat to do dinner and comp study but I just passed out on the bed I was so sick. The next day I was even worse haha so we stayed in till about 1 to do some district finding in the pouring rain... not a good idea for a sick person! After we went to visit a member preparing to go to the temple. I could barely open my eyes or speak properly I was so ill hahahahaha she sent me off with some medicine and was like go home hahah. I slept so well that night. I was stressed because I had to play the piano for the primary presentation the following day. Last year, when I did the primary presentation in Cannock I was so sick I could barely open my eyes and see the notes on the piano it was a disaster haha. But! I woke up feeling 100 times better and successfully played for the program:):). My 4th primary presentation I’ve had to play at on my mission haha I’ll never get that opportunity in utah! 

CHURCH WAS THE BEST PART OF THE WEEK 

I forgot to say last week we taught youth which was amazing I loved teaching it so much. And one of the quiet less active youth was there and was participating and everything and we told his parents and they were shocked haha it was great and he came this week too!!:):) 

So monroe, our Chinese investigator from last week, brought her roommate this week to church! Which was great :) but THEN we had this girl called Lilly show up to church because she met a Mormon guy a week previous at some class in Scotland for her PhD and she couldn’t believe how dedicated he was and she wanted to see what it was all about. MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK! EXAMPLES ARE EVERYTHING! ALWAYS SHARE THE GOSPEL WHEN NECESSARY USE WORDS! anyways she is the most normal human I have ever met and so intelligent (PhD) and she loved church. After church I sat in the chapel with her and she was just crying to me telling me that the last 10 days have made her rethink her entire life but she was so scared because she was going to have to change her whole lifestyle. But she wants to try. She said it’s just so weird because she can already feel like a ‘hole has been filled’ she said she didn’t even have a cup of tea this morning. Seriously the sweetest girl ever... and we connected so well I just know I’m supposed to be in Cardiff to try to help her!!! She was asking the best questions all during church. AND she is from London... the temple is literally in her backyard she said. Like she can look out her window and it’s right there!!!!! The lord has prepared her it is so obvious. I pray and pray she will stay on this path!!!! She’s never been religious before she said so it’s all very new for her. 

Alrighty something I learned this week is how time truly isn’t measure by God, only by man. Gods timing is perfect. Though that’s really hard to understand sometimes... and accept.... but we have to remind ourselves of it. 

Loveee u guyssss 

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxxx

Pics

1) americandy miss candy!
2) welsh bible..... try readin that! 
3) me n swasey n a welsh dragon 
4) comp luv
5) new style
6) random bear





No comments:

Post a Comment