Monday, November 13, 2017

‘I was born with God inside of me'

Hola mi familia (this is for Amelia) (can you translate) (hopefully after a month in Mexico;)) need to start by saying just how proud I am of mi Hermana McEwan and how amazing she is. Couldn’t be more proud :’)

Monday pday the usual

Tuesday 
Kind of a long day. Once a week we go to penarth and clean for a member who just had a baby. Then she feeds us. It’s nice being able to talk to her though and we’ve become really close with that family. Afterwards we had an investigator not show up to an appointment... so we tried doing some fining and cleaned our flat for inspections the following day. 

Wednesday
Painted a room for some members. Killed a few spiders. Not my fav thing ever but that’s okay. Had a DA, went findinnngggg. Passed our flat inspection woot! 

Thursday
District meeting. Then went to visit sweet rosemary bless her life. Did some finding. Bless sister Siri she sprained her ankle luckily we had a random crutch in our flat (thx elders) she looked like an old woman hobbling around In the rain all day Hahahaha bless her. 

Friday
I don’t even remember what happened.... we sold poppies at Morrison’s. In the evening we were eating dinner at someone’s house we hadn’t met before. We took the bus and didn’t
 really know where to get off so we just clicked the button at a random time... turns out the stop was right where we hit stop and the bus driver just threw the steering wheel to the side and started yelling at us to the entire bus ‘you’ve gotta give me more time than that to stop!,!,!’ It was so awkward haha oh well. The members gave us a friend referral and we stopped by but they were def not interested. 

Saturday
Poppy Day!! Sold poppies all day. Met so many people. There was a huge rugby game for wales vs Australia and city centre was absolute madness.... never seen so many drunk people in my life I felt so out of place ha but we were safe. After a long day of selling poppies it started DOWNPOURING literally looked like I just got out the shower it was chucking it down. And it was only 7 so we still had time to work..... we decided we would stop 10 people then go to dinner. We stopped one man we was not interested, but was so thankful that people our age were going out and sharing our message. He had cancer in his throat so he could barely speak, but he told us ‘don’t worry girls, I was born with god inside of me’. I think that this is true for everyone we meet. We just have to help remind some people that he is there. 

After stopping 10 we went to eat at McDonald’s we went to eat upstairs and of all the McDonald’s I’ve ever been to this one was rather clean Hahahaha and I couldn’t help but notice how clean it was! (So random) we were exhausted and wet and just sat and ate in silence. there was this sweet little Asian worker scrubbing down the chairs and tables. I was prompted to tell her what a great job she was doing but I thought ‘that is so random.... maybe if she was cleaning somewhere super posh but not McDonald’s....’ haha! And I really didn’t want to talk to anyone I just wanted to enjoy my food..... But I did it anyways. Turns out she was from Thailand and my cute companion got to speak to her in her native langauage! It was so special for both of us especially after such a long day. She is interested and wants to meet up soon:) 

Sunday
Such a good day! In the morning we went to Cardiff city centre to attend a remembrance ceremony for Remembrance Sunday. That was really cool though it was freezing cold and in the pouring rain.... after we met a new Chinese investigator, monroe, at the bus stop and went to church:) it was incredible! She loved the service and got emotional during the hymns. I downloaded the gospel library app for her on her phone and she was so happy when I told her all the hymns were on it! Such a sweetheart. At the end of church she came up to us and said ‘I want to join this church’ so special we are really excited to meet her this week with some Chinese recent converts so we can help the language barrier a bit :):) 

Well that’s all for this week. Just watched the elders sprint 100 meters and miss our bus HAHA it was funny. And speaking of 100 that’s how many days I have left!!!!! πŸ»πŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸ˜Ž woooooo!

Loves

cheers,
Sister McEwan xxxx

Pictures

1) old lady Siri 
2) funeral for elder Hoffman who goes home in a couple days 
3) district meeting 
4) this talk haha so funny. Also this pic is definitely from the UK I can tell by the co-op milk and orange Sainsbury’s bag lol I need to go home 
5) Cardiff zone selling poppies 
6) selling at Morrison’s 
7) soaked! Outside rugby stadium. 
8) random buffalo at museum 
9) caerdydd
10) cool organ in museum 
11) Remembrance Day











No comments:

Post a Comment