Monday, March 27, 2017

Key to Spiritual Protection

Hiya babs u alright ? 🍻

HAPPY ENGLISH MUMs DAAYAAYYYYY (day late) but yaaa won't be skyping till the real one in America. ;) This week has been HECTIC and has just flown by I can't even believe it. Love when things are busy.

Tuesday we had the follow up trainers meeting at the mission home... sis ohanyan accidentally threw away her retainer at lunch so the APs had to dumpster dive to find it. Saw sister Nkomo and it made me so happy. Afterwards we went straight to a dinner appointment with Rasha and Ahmed one of the Syrian refugee families we are teaching English to. They made us some very interesting Syrian food.... I was so hungry so I just ate it anyway but ya never had anything like it in my life.... They are so sweet though it was raining and we live about a 45 min walk from them and Ahmed was like "our home is your home you can sleep upstairs and we will sleep on the couch" we were like oh no thank you it's okay hahahahah. My favourite times as a missionary is when everything is going wrong, when it's freezing cold, and pouring rain, and people are slamming doors in our face. I can't help but smile and enjoy every second!!!! Sounds psycho but true.

We ate lunch with the sweetest member from Nigeria named Gloria. She always is so emotional and just cries to us the whole time. We sang several hymns with her and she felt a lot better. She's amazing she served a proselyting mission by herself when she was 60!!!!

We taught Sheila several times this week, the woman who accidentally came to church on Sunday....... she is quite the story.

So every few hours she calls us asking if we can say a prayer with her or sing a song. Yesterday she called and in the middle of the prayer the line was cutting out. She stopped and said "sister McEwan is that just an interference or are their evil spirits listening to our conversation??" She called today to tell me I was sent to her by god and I could hear her playing my piano cd in the background it was so sweet. She always forgets sister ohanyans name so in every prayer she says "I'm thankful for sister McEwan and the girl who is always with her" hah shoot

She came to church it's so funny because she's kind of deaf so in the middle of sacrament meeting she will yell "what did they just say?????" And ask them to repeat at the stand hahahahahaha and if she agrees with something she says to me "oh yes, hallelujah Jesus and the almighty god through Jesus!!!!"  Makes no sense bless her.

Jess and Lottie and Dave and Liam fed us this week and then took us home after..... literally we knocked into them 2 weeks ago and they do more for us than our members lolllll. :) but we had a really good lesson about The resto and prophets and at the end Liam said "I just know that everything you just said is true" it was great and we had the best discussion. They all came to church and we had some questions off Liam about the law of chastity and such. It went over really well. We referred him to Mormon and gay as well but ya luckily we had the elders with us to help out.

Went on exchange with sister Christy she came to kiddie. We went to teach a part member less active family. 2 of the girls want to be baptised the mum just needs to set the example and come to church!!!! But yes it was a really good lesson on the Atonement. Meant to come on Sunday but something came up,.. praying they'll be there next week.

We saw sweet rose this week. And Dorothy. All the elderly of the branch ha.... they are all so lonely it breaks my heart so they highlight of their week is when the sisters come around to see them. Dorothy talked our ear off for an hour about the most random things like anything I would say she would be like "oh that reminds me of a story about a pigeon" and it's like .......??? How did my spiritual thought remind u of a pigeon????

DODGE NIGHT was yesterday. Transfer news.... sis Ohanyan and I are staying together in kiddie for 5 more weeks then I'll move. but the zone leaders are moving to Redditch (super weird they're taking them out of Birmingham) BUT it will be way fun cause they're in our district now and I love them.

I wish I would have made studying the scriptures a priority when I was back home. The hour I have each day to immerse myself in the Book of Mormon is the reason I am I completely unafraid to knock any door or stop any person in the street to rejoice in its truthfulness. Daily study of the Book of Mormon is essential in our eternal progression.

Elder Boyd k packer said:

"The sons of Mosiah fought against the Church for a time but later
repented and underwent a dramatic change. In Alma we read, “These sons
of Mosiah … had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they
were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures
diligently, that they might know the word of God.”"

"I bear certain witness of the scriptures as a key to our spiritual protection. I also bear witness of the healing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, “that through him all might be saved” who will be saved. The Lord’s Church has been established on the earth once again. Of the truthfulness of the gospel I bear witness. Of Him I am a witness. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

(This talk is amazing it has the best story about Joseph F Smith it's called key to spiritual protection read it!!!)

When we study the Book of Mormon each day there is NO WAY our testimony can waver. Each night I ask if these things are true and every morning I am reassured through the peace and spirit that I feel when I read the scriptures. I am addicted to feeling thee spirit!! Ha! Seriously a spiritual high is a real thing!!!! Everyone asks us daily why we are so happy. It's because We have the fullness!!!!! Why wouldn't we be happy???? We must appreciate it daily and build our testimony upon it. "because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

Sorry this is so long!!! Xxxx

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxx

Photoozzz

1) sis Nkomo.... Wales took my heart
2) best day
3) district lunch making Armenian food
4) mirror selfie
5) Cathedral in Birmingham
6) Ahmed and Rasha Syrian food
7) district meeting
8) elder devoz going back to Columbia 💔
9) Lottie put on my jacket and badge hehe
10) jess Lottie Dave and Liam
11) sis belnap
12) exchanges
13) our sweet zone leaders love them












No comments:

Post a Comment