Monday, March 6, 2017

Rain or Shine (But Mostly Rain)

Hiya you okay ta? 🇬🇧

Yesterday we had a multi stake broadcast and Elder Ballard and Linda S Reeves and a couple others spoke to all the stakes in Northern Europe and WOW they were so American it's weird hearing American accents from non-missionaries.

Anyways WHATS UP this week was goooood AND SO WET!

It started terrible tho. We had interviews with President Leppard in Birmingham Tuesday and we had to wake up at half 5 and train / bus to get there on time. Finally we reached the harborne chapel and begin district meeting at 9 and half way through the zone leaders walked in and are like "it was a mix up interviews are tomorrow......." so ya we had to travel all the way back and do the same thing on Wednesday morning #blessed #exhausted

This week we had loads of lessons. One was with a woman called Deborah Sister Nelson and I found. She started off the lesson telling us she has been praying about the Book of Mormon but in her bible (it's a super modern translation) it says that nothing should be added upon or taken from that bible. So ya right off the bat we had to whip out some Ezekiel 37 and then she was asking us so many deep doctrinal questions we were NOT READY but THE SPIRIT WAS!!!!!!! We were spittin out Book of Mormon dodge like no ones business it was awesome.

Another lesson with jess and Lottie. Jess wants to be baptised!!!!!! And she broke up with her boyfriend!!!!!!! And she doesn't drink or smoke anyways!!!!! We taught her the plan of salv and it really touched her. She said that it makes perfect sense and she loves it.

We had fish and chips this week with a part member family we've been working with. They are the sweetest. The wife, Davinia, has been less active for quite some time but finally started coming out the last few weeks and now she is going to the temple in 2 weeks for baptisms!!!!!!!!!!!:) and working toward her endowment!!!!!!:) We have been talking a lot about temples with her she is very excited.

At district meeting part one this week (lol) we were doing role plays in front of the district and we were paired up with the Redditch elders. We went into the hall to pretend to knock on the door so before we went in I told my greenie to take the lead on this one and start with how to begin teaching from pmg. The DL assigned us to role play law of chastity. Anyways we walk in and the elders were sat there holding hands and sister ohanyan being completely dead serious begins the lesson with "Today we are going to teach you something that might be very disappointing for you" hahahahah fetch the whole role play was an absolute disaster we def need to practice bless her she's had a very emotional week mission life has hit her a little harder than she thought it would. But she's a fighter and I'm so proud of her!!!!

This week we had a joint English class at the chapel with 9 students!!! All refugees from Syria. I will take a picture next week of our little classroom. It was probably the highlight of my week. We have all become so close and we have so much fun together even though there is a very thick language barrier. Even last week we texted Ahmed and Rasha if they still wanted us to come over and they said "yes, we want to be happy" I think it's more of an escape from stress for them than an English class because we truly are the worst English teachers on the planet and I'm not sure how much they actually get from it... but we do have so much fun together. We saw sweet Ahmed and Rasha in town yesterday on our way to an appointment and they so badly wanted us to come over for tea and biscuits (England stereotypes are real) they were devastated that we couldn't I love them so much.

PANCAKE BREAKFAST! My favourite day of the month. We had investigators and LA families we've been working with come it was such a blast. I seriously love this branch. Everyone is family. I'm going to say that about all my areas but ya. The friends you make on your mission..... I know they will last forever. I'm so happy I came.

Charly McCall is a less active we've been working a lot with lately (the one with the children in Cannock) she is such a sweetheart we went to lunch with her on her birthday to Pizza Hut and had such a laugh. Yesterday after multi stake conference we walked an hour in the rain to get to an old woman's house in our branch. She talked our ear off for an hour about the most random ish that had absolutely nothing to do with the spiritual thought we shared here what the fetch then she was like "brb I need to go pick out the hymns for my funeral" ummmmm okay. So random. On our way walking back it was chucking BUCKETS and we were soaked. Charly saw us walking and she picked us up and took her to her mums and we got to have a family night with her and her kids and then I got to call sister McCall in Cannock which made my night (but also homesick for Cannock) because her son was there and wow tender mercies of the lord.

But yessss England is just as rainy as they said it was. Wowwwza it literally does not stop. I love it here. All the time I feel like I need to pinch myself haha or I'm like "I wish my family could see what I'm seeing right now!!!!!" It's so beautiful I need to take some pics.

In elder Ballards address to Northern Europe he said two things that really stuck out to me. 1) was just the necessity of reading our Book of Mormon and how it gives us a shield of protection every day (which I totally have seen on the mission not just physically but emotionally) and 2) that we need to take a step back sometimes and CHILL. he didn't say it like that but basically haha. He just said that we are becoming too occupied in too many things and sometimes it's good for us to take a step back and just breathe. Obviously not as a missionary but ya when I'm home I'll FOR sure heed to his counsel;)

TILL NEXT TIME

Sister McEwan x 🇬🇧🌧🍻😘🎉💌

To send me post if ya wannna:)

England Birmingham Mission
187 Penns Lane
Sutton Coldfield West Midlands
B76 1JU England
United Kingdom

Pictures
1) pancakes with jess and Lottie 😍
2 - 3) St baxters in Kidderminster
4) McCall and Mitchell family save us from the storm
5) Proper England stereotype
6) district lunch in Birmingham
7) Our English class!!! (Zacharea Reemas Ahmed Mohammed Mostafa Nahala
Rasha Abdula Tasnim)
8) comp love
9) torn between two
10) me chillin while my comp makes lunch selfies









No comments:

Post a Comment