Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Across the (Very Rainy) Pond

Good morning from across the (very rainy) pond!!!! This week was brill. It all started with my cute greenie Sister Ohanyan from ARMENIA!!!!! The homeland of my sweet Lidia nalbandyan. When we were assigned companionships Sister Ohanyan looked to the sky and yelled "I know that my Redeemer lives!" Hahahahahaha she is adorable and we are already best friends. We will be together until May. It's going to be a great 2 transfers in Kidderminster!!!!

It's been so fun reliving the beginning of my mission all over again haha. Every miracle that happens Sister Ohanyan freaks out about - it's made me realise that I have gotten way too comfortable to the tender mercies of the Lord! I need to pick it up!! Sister Ohanyan is a convert of only 2 years. Her testimony is SO POWERFUL. She is like half my size and a total powerhouse. I love it.

Oh and no emergency calls were needed this week because no weirdos were trying to break into the flat!!!! Blessings. Thanks for the prayers.

This week Ailsa came teaching with us. That woman is such a miracle. Her testimony is so strong and she will do ANYTHING to know more. She hasn't missed a single week of church since we found her. Even if her child is puking she still comes - that is a true convert right there. Before the lesson we told her what it was going to be about so she studied it hardcore and basically taught the whole thing and invited the guy to be baptised #legend. He said he'd pray about it.:) the man is kind of a nut job bless him. He said he's died several times and believes in all this Indian stuff. But ya we all need an opportunity to accept the gospel u know:)

We taught English - the usual. The family of 3 sons we are teaching keep feeding us the nastiest chopped up rose pudding? Like straight up rose the flower mixed in milk or something with a bit of coconut sprinkled on the top GAG I choked it down and then they're like "Here is another bowl!" pray for me.

I was missing America quite a lot so in Sainsbury's there is a section for American food and I bought us some proper Mac and cheese. It was like 2 pound but worth it. We had it for dinner and sister ohanyan was like "this is the best food I've ever eaten in England" HAHAHAHAHAHAH goes to show how rubbish the food is, it isn't even English.

On Thursday after district meeting Sister Ohanyan and I went into the loo and did some roleplays on knocking doors. So we would knock the door to the toilet and practice door approaches hahahaha it was really worthwhile and she killed it at her first knocks. I'm so proud of her. One family let us in. Their names are Dave and Jess and the daughter is called Lottie. Lottie is the most religious 7 year old you'll ever meet in your entire life. We gave her a Book of Mormon 4 days ago and she's already to Alma. Her mom said it's all she talks about. Then they all came to church on Sunday!!!!!!!! And totally participated in Gospel Principles and loved it. Dave just needs to quit smoking and they need to get married.... but ya they want to learn more and loved how reverent the meeting was.:)

Mandy is struggling. She is very low all the time and needs some prayers. It's difficult because she isn't progressing as much as we would like but we still need to go over to uplift her. You can feel a difference in her spirits when we don't go over as often. Aleisha is hard to get in touch with at the moment. She always texts us "I miss you guys so much and want to be happy" and then we call or text and she doesn't respond. Demi really wants to know more and knows it's true just works on Sundays....

It's crazy how adjusted I am to being a missionary. Sister Ohanyan says I walk way too fast haha it's funny because I remember my trainer being the same but now it's just normal. She's also completely shattered / exhausted by the end of the day. I always feel bad but I remember feeling the same. It's been hard having to slow down and explain everything in very basic English. Im learning patience. But the love I have for her is so strong!!! And I want to do anything to help her have a good experience and be comfortable.:)

My favourite thing I read this week was a talk given by Henry B. Eyring called eternal families (my mission has made me so excited I get to be with mine forever btw).

" As we are faithful in our service to help Heavenly Father’s children

to go home to Him, we will qualify for the greeting we all so much
want to hear when we finish our earthly ministry. These are the words:
"Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful
over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou
into the joy of thy Lord.” 
Matthew 25:21"

I love you all.

Sister McEwan xxxx

First day together completed!
Elder Pace made this glorious meal for our district
District Meeting
Practice knocking doors in the bathroom
Complete fail of me making crepes with an LA family.

No comments:

Post a Comment