Monday, March 13, 2017

Do we Have the Faith?

Hello babs (I've been calling everyone babs the last few weeks I find so much joy when people say babs here).

It was a pretty normal missionary week here in kiddaa minstaaa.

On Tuesday we taught Mandy and Demi from 2 Nephi 31. They both KNOW it is true and can testify of it but just have not come to church which is so frustrating. Demi works at a club until 7 am and crashes after but always tells us she's coming.... Mandy wants to give up smoking so we started the stop smoking workshop with her. They both want to be baptised on April 8th but need to come to church so keep them in your prayers!!!

Tuesday was also zone meeting. The spirit was really strong as there were 3 elders who gave their departing testimonies. Afterwards we enjoyed some KFC and I thought about my little bro Maxwell bless him tell him to email me.

Wednesday was a mission wide "spring cleaning day" so basically we were stuck in the flat deep cleaning all day we got a bit stir crazy though and needed a break and went finding for a lil. In the morning we had breakfast with the elders and ZLs because they were on exchange. Afterwards the zone leaders came by our flat to drop off some supplies.. they were parked in this woman's parking stall who lives in the flat next to us and she pulled up behind them cursing and yelling at us telling us to go back to where we came from and that me and sister ohanyan were way too loud at night and she was just swearing up a storm ANYWAYS she stomped up the stairs to go into her flat after  this all went down and elder Stephenson was like "Jesus still loves you" and she just rolled her eyes and slammed the door. But ya we all felt super bad and they left a note on her windshield apologising and we left her some chocolate and a note on her doorstep and today we got one back from her saying that she felt really bad.

On Thursday we had a dinner appointment with an investigator and we ate cottage pie (English dish google it its really yummy) anyways about halfway through my dinner as I was scooping and putting the food in my mouth I felt something rather hard and pulled out a massive beetle. So ya there was a beetle baked into my food. Still get all the blessings of a Latin American mission here in Europe except for the sun and the success. Lol. Ew. #protein

Friday we weekly planned and middle of the sesh Sister Ohanyan started to break dance????? My girl is a professional breakdancer??????? She literally took classes back home. So proud to call her mine.

Saturday we went to the dentist with Ailsa cuz she needed help it was a disaster but that's another story and I just don't have time or the energy to talk about everything. In England if they have a tooth problem they just yank it ha. Then we taught English.. flippin love them all with my whole heart. This week I watched Refuge from the storm the Mormon message EVERYONE WATCH IT AND READ THE TALK anyways I could not stop crying and crying because it really touched me. These people are so good and they need our help. "Being a refugee may be a defining moment in the lives of those who are refugees. This moment does not define them, but our response will help define us."

“Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I can not describe the love I have for these refugee families.

After English we taught Vicky then went finding finding finding we need some people who will listen to us!!!!!! At night we had to go emergency grocery shopping because we had NOTHING and we were carrying everything back from Tescos and it was a bit heavy and we were a bit tired and guess who we ran into...... the elders!!!!!!!! Tender mercies of the lord so we made them carry it all to the flat for us. ;)

Sunday we taught jess and Dave and Lottie and we have a new investigator we are teaching named Liam who is gay but really nice and was really touched by the message of the restoration and wants to come to church next week bless him!!!

I love going to church. I never thought I'd say that but honestly my mission has made me love Sundays and love church. Today before sacrament I was just soaking up the spirit in the chapel and enjoyed every single moment of church. The spirit was so strong. One thing I heard today that really got me thinking was.... "We may have the faith that we will be healed, but do we have the faith to not be healed?" If we are not healed, do we have the faith that the Lord is still there
and that he still loves us? I can testify that HE IS and that HE DOES. And because he loves us... in his timing we will be healed, and we will be better for it. He has a plan... intricately designed for each of one of us. :) let us be faithful to him!

LOVE you all and LOVE the mission!!!!!

Cheers BABS,

Sister McEwan xxxxx

Pictures:
1) 3 Generation photo in Birmingham zone together!
2) Birmingham zone meeting
3) sisters Carson and Vogen ❤️️
4) KFC
5) Spring!
6) pretty flowers!
7) Ahmed Rasha and tasnim.... love them so much.
8) comp unity
9) the superheroes of Kidderminster
10) St George's church
11) My breakdancing companion
12) sisters C my American fork buddy












No comments:

Post a Comment