Monday, September 18, 2017

The Lord Shapes the Back

Because of the horrendously long email last week, I have decided to
keep things simple this week. ( I wrote this before I started typing,
it's now long. Sorry guys!!!)

Some of the highlights: we went to Malvern with an older woman in the
ward. She took us to an organic foods shop and we had a lovely soup
and bread. We then went to the big church in Malvern and I got to play
some hymns on the piano again :) and older couple came to sit down and
listen with their elderly mother. I played for about 20 minutes for
them! I wish they could have heard the lyrics to the hymns I was
playing, but they really enjoyed it and thanked me at least a dozen
times!!! It was really special for me! :) we also fed the ducks. I ate
most the bread though lol.

Tuesday was CHUCKING DOWN WITH RAIN ALL AFTERNOON AND EVENING and we
were on our bikes for 2 hours in it. It was horrifying as well
honestly because I could barely open my eyes cuz the rain was flying
in my eyes and it was also way dark. So we said a prayer every time we
got on our bikes that we would be safe haha. We were soaked when we
got home.

We knocked into a Bulgarian family who we are going to be teaching
English to! I am so happy that I'll get to teach English again. :)
they are the sweetest and thankful that we are going to help them!!

We had 2 lessons this week that we needed a member for and none of the
members were agreeing to come with us. So we called a few less actives
and they came!!! It actually ended up being soooo perfect. They even
found scriptures and prepared beforehand. It was coooool :)

We taught Andrew and he's solid for baptism!!!! Regina as well. Sent
us the sweetest text telling us how much she loved the church and the
book I will send a picture of it. :) we visited an old woman who had a
fall earlier in the week. She's about 80 but acts 18 haha she loves
talking about boys she's in love with one of our 20 year old
investigators hahaha bless. But we asked her about the war and she
told us so many stories about it. I love talking to the other members
about it because they remember so much and get really emotional about
it. It's tender. Joan is doing okay. Not really progressing.. says she
doesn't feel the spirit.. but she comes to church every week and feeds
us.

We played football (soccer) at the park with our 4 Portuguese
investigators. It was such a blast I'm getting pretty good as well
;);) lots of fun though. All of them are really enjoying the church.
We had a joint lesson with all of them this week at the library which
was really special as well!!! There were also three 10 year olds who
walked into the chapel the other day and wanted to know about our
church so we watched a Mormon message with them it was sweet. Their
hearts were so open and it really made "becoming as a child" make more
sense to me!!! Hopefully they'll play football with us next week as
well, we can start our own club!!

Danny was an interesting  lesson.... we showed up and he had found the
WEIRDEST video online  describing Mormonism. He showed it to us and it
was really quite offensive honestly. It was soooo sooo weird. So we
had to explain everything and then he was asking some questions about
the temple that we couldn't answer it was just weird.... at the end of
the lesson we shook his hand as we were leaving and he put a rock in
my hand that said "believe" ha bless him.

Sunday we had the primary program. I got to play the piano for all of
it as well like I did in Cannock last year. :) I'll miss how much I
get to use my piano playing in England!!!

There was a quote given by our prophet recently which I have been
pondering a lot about this week:

"The Lord shapes the back to bear the burden placed upon it."

I have been wondering how in the world I am doing this, that is,
handling all the pressures that come with serving a mission. I know
that the Lord has a huge part in this. He has helped me to be my best
self by "shaping my back to bear the burden" through this challenging
experience in my life. I never thought that serving a mission was
something I would be capable of doing. And now I have 5 months left of
this crazy journey!!!! I've made it this far thanks to my loving
saviour who has helped me every step of the way. I owe everything to
him!

May your weeks be filled with lots of dinner appointments (if you're a
missionary) and lots of sleeping in (if you're not a missionary)

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxx

Going out into the storm





Look how close Uruguay and England are on this map!!!!! (Not accurate lol)
Silly thing has spectacles. (Thought grandad might like this)
Big church I played piano in

More photos...
1) we get in bed as soon as we get home haha
2) andrei!!! Sick recent convert who give us food :):)
3) teaching the children haha :)
4) the haws! Some favourite members !!! Always have such a good time with them.
5) with the grandkids
6) PuB gRuB
7) at the library with my bestie!!!!! (She is studying for uni while I email;)
8) chillin
9) look at this kitten 🐱 !!!! Tracting yesterday this woman had 20
kittens roaming around her house SO CUTE!!!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment