Monday, September 4, 2017

Power of Testimony

Transfer dodggeeeeee! Sister baker is moving to Coventry and I'm
getting sister Gjika from Albania! She speaks great English though so
that's good. But yeah it's gonna be a weird transfer because there are
2 teams of sisters in Worcester and sister Gjika was here last
transfer literally just switching flats and companions to me... makes
no sense but HEY were happy!

It was a good finding week in Worcester. We had 4 at church on Sunday
which is such a miracle here hahaha so that was fantastic. Regina our
baptismal date came. She is so solid! She was taking notes the whole
time it was really sweet. Then we had Simon again, Joan, and a cool
former Clive!!! Clive was probably the biggest miracle. He
investigated for a short while but never came out to church. We felt
prompted to invite him this week and he came! Afterwards he asked
everyone "what is it about you guys that is so different" and every
person gave him the same answer, the spirit! He said that he wants
that. It's amazing because he has a family and said that he will for
sure be here next week and we are going to meet this week!!!! Pray for
Clive and his family!!!

Simon bless him.... he's something else. I sat with him in the back of
the congregation at church. It was fast and testimony meeting and no
one had gone up for about 3 minutes and all of a sudden he just starts
belting some random song and doing some weird hand motions. Then he
yelled "I need a girlfriend" everyone was like .........uhhhhh who is
this dude. Then he just randomly grabbed my hand and yeah it was
really weird. It's hard to cope with him in class as well he just says
the most random things that don't relate to the lesson at all.....

We had a wonderful multi zone conference this week with elder de feo
of the 70. I was spiritually fed and my desires to work harder than
ever before increased. I love hearing from general authorities. They
are so humble! The power of his testimony was my favourite part. It
strengthened mine.

I don't know what else to say.... we had loads of good lessons. One of
my favourites was Wednesday we felt that we should stop by Simon. Not
sure why, as we dropped him. But it was so neat because he had 2
mental health support workers there who sat in on the lesson and you
could really tell that they felt the spirit. Think the scriptures we
read weren't meant for Simon, but for those sitting in.

Had a similar experience to that on Thursday. After the conference we
went to a lesson with a man named David and he brought a friend. We
met at the pub and taught the plan of salvation. You could tell his
friend was feeling the spirit. It was difficult though because they
were so set in their ways they wouldn't just experiment with our
religion. I've found that that's how a lot of people are here. And I
know that 99% of those I speak to aren't going to accept our message,
but my duty is to invite them to. It is to proclaim the message of the
restoration to everyone I can, so they can at least hear that Jesus is
the Christ, and that this is his kingdom here on the earth today. It
is my job to carry it to the heart, and the Holy Spirit will carry it
in.

I really love the Worcester Ward. The people here are so sweet!!! They
love me because of my heritage haha. I am always mentioned in
everyone's talks haha because they love Wilford woodruff so much here.
I am so honoured to be apart of this ward. I never want to leave it!
I've never felt so loved and appreciated. They all want me to finish
my mission here haha :)

I need to give 2 special birthday shoutouts to 2 of the most special
girls in my life!!!!!!! Sister Talia De Capite & sister Reagan
Curtis!!!!!! I love you two so much. Couldn't have made it this far
without either of you (honestly, not just saying that) ❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️

Have a good weeek people. Share your testimony at any chance you
can!!!!. Today I shared my testimony to a random woman scanning
pictures at the photo shop haha :) bless her.

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxxx

Pictures:

1 my group! All came out the same time.
2 sister ohanyans tablet case... hahaa I love her.
3 elder clabaux!!!!
4 REUNITED WITH MY GIRL!!!!! At last too many months apart!!!
5 proper English :):) sending BIRTHDAY mail to SISTER REAGAN Curtis!!!!
6 Proud sponsor of Wolverhampton football.
7 my favourite couple in this ward. Seriously love them so much!!!!
8 Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Cheltenham, and Birmingham zones.
9 BOM
10 England missionary hehe.














No comments:

Post a Comment