Monday, November 28, 2016

How Blessed We are to be Apart of Something so Sweet

Hello family! Sooo transfer news!!! Sister Price is leaving for Cheltenham on Tuesday! My new companion is Sister Johnson from Utah and she's sooooooooo cute and I'm so excited!!!!! I'll pick her up Tuesday. She is currently serving in Warwick in Coventry zone training Sister Tarapi from the MTC so I can't wait. :) and also WE ARE GETTING ELDERS IN CANNOCK!!! FINALLY!!! I'm excited for a change.

This week was eh. We walked all over the world and nobody would listen to us. Issss all good though. We found a new investigator named Matt from street contacting. He is 17 and super awesome and open. On Sunday he came to church it was the best thing ever because it's next to impossible to get anyone to come to church. It was super stressful though because at 9:45 (church is at 10) we got a call from him saying "Hey I'm here!" But he was absolutely no where to be found and we were like hmmm... where? And he was like "St Michaels church in Penkridge" and we were like oh freak...... not only is Penkridge out of the area but it's out of our mission hahaha. But luckily Sis. Garner went and got him and he made it just in time for sacrament. :) Nick didn't make it out again. It is hard to not get so defeated when people don't come that you pray and pray will make it. None of our investigators are progressing because they won't come to church.

On Wednesday we had a pretty rough day full of rejection and so we decided to take our dinner hour later at 8 so we could go back to the flat early and eat our sorrows away. We bought pizza and ice cream and all things comforting. Being completely drained at about 9:00 we both accidentally fell asleep :) Completely oblivious to he fact that we had forgotten to text in to our district leader :) we also had the phone on silent as we were in the St. Luke's church earlier that day :). Soooo as my fam knows I am a deep sleeper. Sis Price is too. So this was bad news. At about 10:20 I woke up to a buzz from the phone and answered it all calm and collected and then Elder Devoz was like "Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! You guys are alive!!!!! We thought you were kidnapped or something the zone leaders are on their way to Cannock right now to find you!!!!!" We had like 20 missed calls from the AP's and the ZL's and everyone else you could imagine. It was terrible. Then we didn't sleep the whole night because of all the adrenaline. Yay.

Sheila is the best and kept our spirits up this week. She took us out for lunch and just makes us laugh like crazy. We taught Emily and I love her to bits. The Mawles showed up at our door on Thanksgiving I LOVE them. Met a cool dude named Kane. The elders challenged us to commit a random person to baptism on the streets. So we literally committed some random dude to baptism on the street but then hewouldn't give us his number or address so who knows where he is now haha people are soooo strange. Oliver is my favourite. He keeps changing his baptism date though? It'll be before the end of the year but he's so indecisive haha. Missionary life we are running everywhere all the time from appointment to appointment which is great. We got into a lot of houses this week which was awesome. I have a new technique of getting into people's houses by being nosey and pointing out something I like inside their house and asking if I can walk in and see it hahahaha it's either super awkward or super awesome.

We had an appointment with the Edwards family on Saturday. Their house is quite a walk and so I was praying the whole way there that they could feel the spirit in the lesson. When we got to the door the Book of Mormon and restoration cd were on the porch and they said they didn't want to have a lesson. The Rogers family didn't answer when we knocked and neither did Tina.

It's hard not to feel so down especially when we are working so hard. I've never worked so hard in my life. I think my Heavenly Father needs me to slow down and recognize the small and simple miracles from this week. Like an investigator willing to go all the way to Penkridge to hear our message of the restored gospel. It was the most precious feeling seeing Matt take the sacrament and sing along to the hymns. I hope it is something I can experience again soon. How blessed we are to be apart of something so sweet. I pray that I will NEVER take the gospel for granted ever again.

#LIGHTtheWORLD I cannot WAIT to start using this incredible initiative. :)

Cheers,
Sister McEwan xxx



This is a picture Sunday lunch at sister McCalls with her adorable grandkids Rigby, Monte, Amelie and Wren
Bag Sis. Garner made for me

St. Luke's Church
Made the Elders try grilled cheese and jam



Stupid photo we took at district meeting


The Train
The Garners teaching Emily







No comments:

Post a Comment