Monday, October 31, 2016

See ye First the Kingdom of God

Hi family!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This week was awesome. Aside from the fact that I'm extremely ill..... Saturday night I was up all night with a fever and chills and a head cold. I had to play piano in the primary program the next day and I literally couldn't hear anything and could barely press the keys haha but I'm feeling kind of better and getting a "flu jab" this week. Here are some highlights from the week:

Awkward moment #1: We got a knock at our door and went outside to Jehovah's witnesses with pamphlets asking us if we wanted to learn more. AWKWARD!!!!! Hahaha we keep seeing them everywhere.
 

We saw Jackie at town centre and got to teach her! It was really cold outside so she was like "Well it's quite cold so I just wanted to come say hi" then she left..... we were like oooooook. Haha we will see her soon though. She is a member of 2 different churches. I think mainly for the fellowship though. She really likes so socialize. After was zone meeting and we carved pumpkins. So fun. The Walsall Elders brought our bikes!!!! WAHOOOO!!! I can't even explain how much I love it!! Riding through pretty England is a dream and I can't help but smile the whole time. Our bikes are semi-dodgy and mine is "soooo purple" the elders call it hahah. It was only £40 hopefully it lasts.... we have an investigator named terry who loves bikes and said he'd look at them for us this week.

We taught Nick the restoration and he invited his Mom which was so awesome!!!! She is happy that we are teaching him and is very supportive. Nick is amazing!!!!! We taught him later in the week again with his friend from his band, Liam, who was also so cool and so receptive!!!! He wants to learn more and we are teaching him Tuesday. We committed Nick to baptism for November 26!!! Please, please, pray that Satan does not get in between this baptism for us. Unfortunately Steven's family has threatened him if he sees us again. We are still meeting Dean frequently but his family and friends aren't supportive either. Cannock hasn't had a baptism in 3 years. We need to find YSA’s and Nick could be someone who brings many into the church!!! Nick is seriously so cool. He was the guy we knocked last Sunday after failing to see the woman Jody we found street contacting. He calls us “His Angles” and wrote us a song called "Utah Girl" and sang it for us. Him and his band are going to learn it and play it at a gig hahahaha oh my gosh it's actually such a good song I'll send it hahaha. We fed ducks with him this week and he's taking us to dinner on Wednesday!! He's keeping his commitments and reading the Book of Mormon. Yesterday he was telling us he was reading out of "Neffy" he pronounced it hahahahahaha. I couldn't stop laughing.
 

Thursday was exchanges! I went to Coventry with Sister Belnap again. :) Sister Price stayed in Cannock with Sister Swapp. Oh myyyyy I love Sis Belnap so much. We have way too much fun and get a ton done at the same time!!! We taught a recent convert named Georgie. Her story is so cool. Elder Hellyer found her lying in the middle of the street last year, she was waiting to be hit by a car and then they stopped her and taught her and she and her dad were baptized. We got to her house and she wanted to have a dance party with us she had disco lights all set up hahahah it was so fun:) then we studied President Uchtdorf’s talk from the general women's session. To my little sisters: Go read that talk!!!!!!! I've read it like every day this week. It's called “Fourth Floor Last Door.” My favourite. The next day we taught some cool people and a guy named Rajinder. His prayer was so funny he was like "Hello God, thanks for sending me Sister Bedlamp and Sister McEwan. This is Rajinder speaking by the way." Hahahaha I was trying not to laugh it was adorable. Sister Belnap was like where did he get the name Bedlamp? Hahaha. I love her it's always so hard to leave!!!!! Went back to Cannock that afternoon. I hope I serve in Coventry one day!

On our way to a DA (Dinner Appointment) at Ann Marie's we sat down to take a break and this woman we tracted into a few days ago was walking her dog. I didn't recognize her but she said "Are you the two girls from the church?" We taught her plan of salvation at her door but haven't gone back yet. She has had a really hard life. We have been praying that she'll be open to our message. But anyways I was sitting down and her dog jumped on me and pooped all over my dress #blessed. After the DA we went to a rest home. We tracted a woman who asked if we'd go see her mom last week. We went in and it was super awkward because she had company and they were not wanting us there. But the old lady was like no let me talk to them and she was like "Why hasn't God taken me yet?" And she was very angry. We told her we would pray for her to have relief. The company ended up being semi-thankful in the end but they probably never want to see us again. So many awkward experiences in the mission. We went out and sat on the curb and prayed that she would be comforted. Then Sister Mawle picked us up and we went to the ward Trunk or Treat!!! We got a basket for our bikes and filled it with candy haha. It was such a fun night being with the ward. It's so crazy though because in Utah if there's a ward Trunk or Treat there's like 80 cars but there were only 4. It was so much fun. The Mawles are now calling me Sister Poopy because of the dog experience. ;) We set the clocks back an hour and since England is so far north it starts getting dark at literally 4:30 p.m. ... I get so sleepy.

Before we taught Oliver on Saturday we ate with the Garners. They call their car the "Free Missionary Taxi." I told them that whenever I'd leave the house my mom would say "Stand for truth and righteousness!" So now whenever they drop us off they say that hahaha. We got a baptism date from Oliver…January 21...he wants to start over in the new year. It's so far away and we did everything in our power to convince him to move it closer but he's being quite stubborn. I was sooo frustrated because President Leppard has asked us to try to make all our dates before the end of the year. I felt so defeated and was exhausted and that was the beginning of my sickness hah. Satan is doing everything in his power to pushback Oliver’s date. It's all good thouuuugh. I might still be in Cannock, but there's a good chance I'll miss it. :( I hope I'm still here.

We found lots of people this week. Just pray that we get to follow up and see them again!!!! We get avoided and ignored like none other. ;) We are trying our very best to get in the house the first time we knock. A lot of time people will say come back another time but don't answer the next time. We need some golden investigators that keep commitments and don't flog our appointments!!!
 I'm learning so, so much. I don't know how I would do life without a mission!!!! I find so much joy and happiness in studying and teaching the gospel!!! I wish I studied it more at home. Before the mission I was like "How in the world do they expect us to do personal and companion study for 2 hours???" Now I'm like "Flip I need even more time!!!!" I love telling people that this is the RESTORED gospel of Jesus Christ. It rings true and penetrates people's hearts!!! It just makes sense. I am so happy. I'm trying to study the New Testament and the life of the Saviour. My favourite scripture from this week was Matthew 6:33,


"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; 
and all these things shall be added unto you."

This scripture is so helpful in these last days. A lot of people put career before religion. Every day people tell us they are too busy for religion in their life. I wish they would just listen! To come and see and experience the pure joy of the gospel. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God!!!!! And everything else will fall into place. :)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! I love Halloween. We have to be in by 6 tonight so we are going to celebrate by drinking Shlœr and eating Haribo. :)

Cheers from your favourite British missionary!

Sister McEwan xxx


Sister McEwan's Address (she loves receiving letters):
187 Penns Lane
Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
B76 1JU
England
United Kingdom
 
Elder Wallace and Elder Robey carving pumpkins

Lichfield Zone Crazy Pic

Halloween Vamp Teeth

The McCalls

 David, Wren, Rigby, Amelie, Monty, and Sis McCall

Coventry with my main girl, Sister "Bedlamp" 

Trunk or Treat

 Antony's car

Nick shaved his beard

Nick

Nick and Liam


Star Wars Pumpkins


"Utah Girls" by Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment