Saturday, October 15, 2016

When There is Faith, There are Miracles

First Transfer Complete

Hey y'all!!!! Our p-day is today because Elder Cook is coming Monday. This week has been slightly madness haha. We had a tri-zone meeting on Tuesday to have training for the Poppy Appeal for the British Legion. We are selling poppy trinkets for a charity next month. It's a huge thing here there are poppies everywhere. But ya it's a mission wide thing to help get donations. Hopefully it'll help with missionary work. The meeting was super fun though because I got to see part of my MTC group. It was so fun being together again. I can't wait to see the rest on Monday.

We've had a rough week with Dean. We will see him tonight. I don't think he will make his baptism date, but he still wants it so bad. Addictions are hard. Our chapel is still messed up so now we have to postpone Stevens baptism too to the next week (hopefully) opposition galore right now honestly. Steven is solid though we are excited for him. Wednesday we knocked a lot and found some potentials in Huntington. One lady let us in and said she had been investigating our church for a while but chose to go to a Jewish church instead. She was really sweet though it was nice to talk to someone who would listen. Funny story we were at a DA in Huntington and we were waiting for a bus back to Cannock City Centre but it wasn't coming for 20 minutes so we decided we would knock doors until it came. The bus came every 20 minutes but every time it stopped someone would open up and actually converse with us hahaha so we missed the bus like 8 times and ended up spending the rest of our night knocking in Huntington. It worked out though we found some great people. Wednesday night was dodge night and we found out Elder Gosturani and Wall would be leaving and going to Leicester and Birmingham zones. :( Broke my heart. Elder Wall called and told me I'd be pinkwashing in Wylde Green and my heart literally broke in half but he was just joking. So annoying.

We had a glorious day planned for Friday but Thursday night we got a call saying we had to go to the mission home for transfers the next day and pick up another companion cause we are going to be in a trio until her trainee leaves the MTC on Tuesday. (Yay I won't be the greenest greenie anymore) her name is Sister Grant and I loooove her. She's from New Zealand. Such a sweetheart. She has 4 months left of the mission. But it's weird and sometimes hard being with three hahah. I got a letter from the MTC President and I wept. He is the best.

I got to see Daines I mean Elder Wallace for the first time!!! Woo woo it was so fun and so weird not seeing him in a Lone Peak High School setting hahahah :) so awesome though he's my new zone leader!!!!! Such a sweetheart. I also got to see a bunch of the girls that I found on Facebook and Instagram that left before me. Also said bye to Elder Gosturani and Elder Wall from the Lichfield zone. It was sad. I'm so thankful I got to start my mission with such dedicated leaders. My new district leader is Elder Devous from Colombia. It's just Sister Price and I and the Lichfield elders. Aka a double date district.

So all the sisters out of Lichfield, Coventry, and Birmingham zones have to sleep over at our flats Sunday night so travel is easier Monday morning to see Elder Cook. So since we are the only sisters in the Lichfield zone........ that means we've got a looooooot of sisters staying with us haha we are freaking out because we have no food and no where for them to sleep. And our bathroom is flooded because of the flat above us but they won't get a flippin plumber and we've tried contacting mission office and the land lady and no one will do anything about it!!!!!! It is sooooo disgusting and carpeted which makes it even worse and smell even worse. It will be very interesting. But a grand slumber party haha.

Today while walking to email we talked to a woman named Jackie who was the sweetest!! We gave her a tour of the chapel and she wants to meet with us next week woo wooooooo! Saturdays are the best days for missionary work so I was kinda upset about it being p-day to be honest haha. Never thought I'd say that.

Nothing else really to say. We've got some fab progressing investigators and doing all we possibly can to hasten the work! I get so emotional every time I hear the song Army of Helaman. Instead of saying "We will be the Lord's missionaries" it's "We are now the Lord's missionaries" blows my mind that I'm here. Sometimes I'm like, "What the heck I'm I doing?! What are all these 18, 19, and 20 year-olds doing leaving everything they know behind?" This week I was studying how Ishmael and his family left Jerusalem after Lehi's sons told him to come with them and I was like "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT???? Are you crazy!!!!?? Why would you leave everything you know behind???" It says that the Lord had softened their hearts. I know that the Lord softens the heart of all his missionaries. He needs us! We serve because we love the Lord, but I know he helps us be able to overcome the challenge a lot more than we think. :) It takes a lot of faith. But when there is faith, there are miracles. And miracles are how missionary work gets done.

This week I also studied about the Tree of Life in the Institute Book of Mormon Student Manual. I encourage you guys to do that! It was wonderful! Especially the comparisons of the great and spacious building by Elder Glenn L. Pace. FHE there you go. Tree of life is the bomb.

Cheers

Sister McEwan xx
Elder Wallace and Sister McEwan - Friends from Lone Peak High School
Tri-Zone Meeting
Sister Price and Mike the Monkey, the only boy allowed in the flat!
Sister Missionary Friends
Tunnel on the way to Cannock Town Centre
Bye bye Wasall Elders
Elder Clabaux and Elder Roberts MTC friends
SQUASHIES my favourite candy here on sale
Bye Bye my Albanian friend
MTC Babes

Fish 'n Chips

No comments:

Post a Comment