Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I Feel So Happy to Serve a Mission

Hello My Family!!!!!!!

One week of no communication is crazy and I have way too much to say and so little time. I tried writing down the most important stuff though and I don't know what pictures have sent because I literally have no idea how to work this, so hopefully they're good ones and not of when the elders stole my camera to take selfies.

So first of all I just want to say how happy I am and how much I love it here. I go to bed literally beaming every night because I am so beyond happy. I wish I could have written yesterday, so I could say I have not yet had a breakdown, but last night my practice teaching put my over the edge and I bawled to my district. But my district leader Elder Gilbert and his comp Elder Terry and Elder Odgaard and Elder Kjar gave me a blessing to calm me down. It was a very humbling thing and spiritual moment for me.

FIRST MY DISTRICT AND COMPANION. Oh my gosh how I love them!!!!! They are my family and it's going to be so hard to leave them when the MTC is over. Luckily everyone in my district is going to Birmingham so I will have them in the field!!! So my comp is Sister Smyrnova from Ukraine. She speaks zero English so the language barrier is SO HARD. But I love her sooooo so much. Everyone in the MTC thinks we are relationship goals because we get along so well. The most difficult part is planning lessons though because I have to do all the work and she just has to try to memorize stuff so we cant really teach by the spirit it is very planned out. That was why I broke down yesterday because I was so irritated. I felt prompted to switch the lesson to the plan of salvation but she kept going with the restoration then asked him to be baptized and I was like (??????) NOOOOO NOT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And its hard cuz she always needs my help to write talks and study and she takes a long time to eat so that cut into my email time haha and she keeps asking me how to spell words in Russian with English letters and I'm like idk baby but honestly have SO much love for her. She eats the weirdest things.  The other day for lunch she ate beans, salmon pizza and hot chocolate. yum. She is like the Ukrainian waiter we had on that cruise. Just imagine Gorun saying "Is this water?" Literally all day long from 6 am to 10 pm.

We have 108 missionaries here which is the most they've ever had at this MTC, it's nuts!!!! But I already know everyone and love everyone!!! My district is Sister Smith from Australia, Sister Tarapi (Liahona Faith) from Philippines, Elder Abecia from Philippines, Elder Odgaard from Denmark, Elder Kjar from Utah, Elder Gilbert from Atlanta (love him, he's the district leader such a good guy) Elder Ey from NYC, Elder Phillip from Trinidad, Elder Terry from Cali and Elder Varner from Cali. The Filipino elder is hilarious and me and Elder Ey just feed off each other we fight so much but it's hilarious. We are just a big family and I love love love love love them soooo much. I sat by Elder Kjar on the flight here and the furthest hes every been is Yellowstone so that just sums my experience of flying up for ya.

I forgot my retainer.

I have been struggling with my teachers but I prayed a ton that I would love them and now I love them. Their names are Sister Sawyer and Brother Nolan. It's so hard teaching them in practice teaching, they make it so overwhelming but I AM GROWING. The days go by so fast here!!!!! I am on cloud nine though. Honestly missions are amazing and bring so much joy and happiness!!!! I am making so many friends here. Friends that will last a lifetime. I had my first fish 'n chips which was super yummy.

I have a great relationship with the MTC Pres already!!! He's awesome. I asked him on the first day a question about the Apostasy because I just need help with knowing about that and he printed off three talks for me and keeps stopping me and talking to me about it. Then Sister Preston asked me to play tonight for a devotional where one of the members of the Seventy is coming to speak to us. I am playing Come Thou Fount, but in the background I could hear President Preston yelling the song has to be about the Apostasy!!!! Sister Preston was so confused and I was just laughing so hard. He's the best we chat all the time. He is grateful for my patience with Sister Smyrnova. I love her so much though. She has helped me to grow a ton and is teaching me a ton of Russian.

Oh so everything was great until yesterday I was just so happy and I think that what set me off was that ALL MY WHITES TURNED PURPLE WHEN I DID MY LAUNDRY so ya all my garments are purple and I feel sooooo stupid. But it's fine I'm going to go buy some more today. All my white clothes are purple too, yay. And all my socks. The elders think it's hilarious and bug me about it all the time. They told me I could borrow their garments. I politely declined. Yesterday I accidentally left my notebook on a chair outside my classroom and I found like eight notes in it from random elders entering love passages saying how much I loved them and how cute they were. So stupid. I love everyone here so much I wish I could tell you about every single person.

IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL HERE what the heck it looks like heaven!!!!!! Honestly if England is what heaven looks like I will be so happy. We went to the temple this morning and walked on the grounds I am going to try so hard to send pictures I was dying it was so beautiful.

I can't tell you how many times I've said, "God is your loving Heavenly Father and He loves you so much and wants you to be happy." I can't tell you how many times I've said that and "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone who holds the priesthood authority of God?" Tonight I am nervous to play the piano but I am exited. Sorry this is all over the map THERE IS JUST SO MUCH TO SAY. THE FOOD IS SO GOOD HERE!!!!! Honestly so good!!!!!!!! I am gaining at least 30 pounds you're welcome mom. Except I bought all my clothes too big so I'm just drowning in all my clothes it's fine though. I have 10 minutes to get ready every day. They weren't kidding when they said you'll have no time to do anything on the mission. I am constantly doing stuff, then at night I just fall on my bed and die with the lights on before any one else. But I have had no problem waking up at 6:30. I love it, I have so much energy!!!!

Thank you for the prayers I can feel them!!!!!! Just know I am so happy here and have thought a thousand times this week that there is no other place I'd rather be. Just wish you guys were all here with me ;) so so so so so so so much love for everyone. Trying to think of other stories I could share... Oh ya I found the Schulthies cousin!!!!!! If I can figure out how to send a pic please send it to Dustin and Jodie!!! I am awful at these mission emails already I'm sorry if this sounds so dumb. I LOVE IT HERE I LOVE ENGLAND it is so beautiful you all have to come here I love it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love all my friends here. They are amazing. K I love you guys. :)

Cheers to England!!!!!

xx Sister McEwan

P.S. At home I would always refer to myself in 3rd person and I keep saying Madeline and everyone's like who is Madeline? I MISS MY NAME!!!!!! I love my district we have so much fun, I am having so much fun and learning sooooo much. I FEEL SO HAPPY TO SERVE A MISSION. I'm so excited for you Izzy and Mia and Max to serve, it's the best thing ever!!!!! Even when you're sobbing in front of your entire district!!! I felt so stupid hahaha but it made us all closer. I love it here.









No comments:

Post a Comment