Monday, February 19, 2018

'Til We Meet Again

Tomorrow I say my final goodbyes to Birmingham. I want to thank every one of my dear friends who have supported me on this journey. (British, American, and my companions around the world). You are my earth angels. 

It’s hard to believe it’s all over. 

18 months ago I stepped into completely unknown territory. I traveled thousands of miles away from everything I knew and everyone I loved. In these 18 months I have learned more about myself than in 20 years of life. I have loved people by initial contact, and I have strengthened weaknesses I never thought could be. All these things may seem beautiful in words, and they are. They are so precious to me. But what’s more precious is the work that got me to them. The pouring rain. The aching feet. Wanting nothing more than someone to enjoy the fruit the gospel has to offer, and then rejection. Missions are not easy. They are not glamorous. They are not what a lot of weekly emails make them to be. But oh how they are worth it. When it’s cold and it rains, i feel the happiest. When all I want to do is sleep, I feel the most accomplished. The bad makes the good so much better. I’m thankful for every hard day, and every good one that made them worth it. :) 

The United Kingdom will always be sacred ground to me. It has transformed me into someone I never dreamed I’d have the potential to be. 

“I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.”

There is no way I could have done this without God. I owe every day of my mission to him. It is his. I have been reminded of his omnipotence daily, he truly does know his people. My testimony of this is absolutely unshakable. 

This is his work. This is his glory. How grateful I am to have played such a small part within it. 

I am forever changed. 

Cheers,
Sister Madeline Renee McEwan xxxx

Pictures:

1) go home to they friends 
2) our funeral service held at district meeting 
3) killing us! 
4) tearful goodbyes to a dear friend. 
5) my last fish n chips !!!! 
6) Cardiff by night 
7) Dinner with some recent converts from China! Lots of squid was eaten... 😳
8) Rosemary Robinson. The sweetest lady I’ve ever met. Saying goodbye was so hard :( 
9 and 10) the sweet rushworths have changed my life. They are forever family. 
11) the welsh goodbye song. The sweetest way to end my mission. 












No comments:

Post a Comment