Monday, February 12, 2018

Let not your ❤️ be troubled

This week I will hit my 18 month mark..... how crazy. 

It was an eventful week. We had multiple sleepovers with sisters because their flat heating and water was broken. So despite the lack of sleep things are still thrilling as ever in Cardiff 

Highlights 

- Tuesday sis fahl and I had a long day of visits. We decided together that Tuesday is the hardest day of the week because it’s the day after Monday haha. But we conquered and rewarded ourselves with a celebratory bucket of fried chicken at kfc. We still had about an hour left of the proselyting day and were exhausted from no sleep but instead of going back to sleep we told ourselves we would stop 10 people in Cardiff city centre then make our way home. We stopped a guy called Jay who had been released from jail 3 weeks prior from accidentally killing someone. Bless him... but he was so lost. Not lost in Cardiff haha but lost in his life. He said that Jesus Christ was what got him through 8 years in jail, that he owes everything to him but he hungers to know more and to find a church to join. GOD IS SO MINDFUL OF HIS CHILDREN. I think I say that in every email but it’s the biggest testimony I’ve gained out here. He kept saying over and over ‘it’s just crazy that I was just walking down Cardiff city centre looking for something, and you stopped me’ we are really excited to be working with him. 

- we taught our Chinese investigator Kang! Honestly some of my favourite lessons on my mission have been with him. This day we got to teach him about the atonement and what is available for him! What debt has already been paid for that is just waiting for him to find happiness in! He had never learned about it before. It was such a sweet and humbling experience for me. We are so blessed to have grown up with this knowledge. Something we can not take advantage of and god requires us to share. ‘Where much is given, much is required’ 

- dinner list went around in the ward and since I’m going home we have about 10 dinner appointments this week BLESS ME i wanted to lose some weight before I went home! Lol! That’s not happening. Man 3 transfer areas get to me! It’s going to be so hard leaving this ward! It feels like home! :(( worst part about missions is leaving those you have grown to love so much behind! Ahhhh I’m gonna cry. 

- sacrament meeting was one of the best I’ve been in! The area president, Paul v. Johnson, came to Cardiff to speak, and so did Joy Jones the general primary president!!!! It was their first time in Wales. I enjoyed every second listening to president jones. Her testimony made the whole room go quiet! Especially that of the prophet and the apostles whom she works so closely with. She told us over and over how firm her testimony is of them, their callings, and how they are chosen by God. 

She read in John 14: 27. This was something that really touched my heart and I know it can yours. Especially my sweet little sister I love so much in her return from serving so faithfully in Uruguay. 

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

She explained that the last sentence, let not your heart be troubled, is a commandment. The lord commands us to not be afraid. He so freely give us his piece and if we take his, and not the worlds, then our troubled hearts will not be so. 

He does not want us to be sad. He overcame it. So we can too :) 

The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, I’ll never, no never,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake!

And just like that, I have 1 week left. 
1 week of sister McEwan 
1 week of Great Britain. 

Cheers my dears,
Sister McEwan xxxx

Pictures sorry not many mum

1) Pontypridd 
2) church in ponty 
3) blurry Croeso a Caerdydd 
4) We go to visit rosemary every week. Every time she sees me in the window she makes the HAPPIEST face ever it’s soooo cute. I am going to bawl when I have to say goodbye to her. 
5) I know I put a pic of them last week but. This is my family in Cardiff! Man I love the bakers. They have let us over the past few Sundays after church and it just feels like home. We laugh until we cry and eat the best food it’s amazing. :) 
6) little daisy the rushworths baby. Love love love this family too man I’m going to miss Cardiff. 







No comments:

Post a Comment