Friday, September 16, 2016

A Dear Companion, Sister Price

September 12, 2016

Dearest Sister McEwan's Mother Deary,

Sister Price
I would just like to inform you on how happy and blessed I am to have your daughter as my companion. When I found out I would be a trainer I fasted for us both, and individually because I remember once I came from the MTC into the mission life, everything was very very different. I wanted to make sure that the transition for her wouldn't be too overwhelming, but ultimately, more than anything I was just so gosh dang excited to meet my "baby". You can ask all the people in my last area, even Elder (Daines) Wallace (who I've served around for 9 months and discovered he graduated with my dearest companion), I kept telling them all the time just how excited I was! Then when transfer day came, I was so anxious to finally meet her. I was the first trainer's name called and afterwards they had me stand followed by your daughter's name and as she stood and we saw each other, I just knew that Heavenly Father had blessed me with an incredible companion and an incredible best friend. I didn't even have to look long to just know that I had been blessed and I thanked Him so much for sending me a little piece of heaven my way.

Your daughter is incredible, she was born to be a missionary. She is a determined soul and knew in her preexistence what she was meant to do when she came to earth. I have had my fair share of companions, but I have never felt so equal and so in tune, as much as I am with your dearest Sister McEwan. If I could I would shout off mountain tops how much I love her and how proud I am of her decision to come on a mission. She is going to do incredible things here in the U.K. and people are going to love her, heck! I love her and it's only our first week together! And boy, I can't wait for hopefully the next few months together! I wish I could stay with her forever! But thankfully you guys don't live too far from me back home! ;) I just happen to live in West Valley City and can I assure you how often I'm going to visit when we both are home!

Thank you so much for being the exact support Sister McEwan needed to come on a mission. I can't thank you enough, she is such a blessing in my life and I know that she is going to be a blessing in so many other lives! I love you, I love your family, and I love your daughter and her laugh, her jokes, her mad piano hands, her groovy dance moves, her baby voice when she talks about her pups and I love serving with her every single day!!!

I hope all is well and that you and your family are having a superb and brill day! Cheers love, and don't fret, I will make sure to take care of your adorable British L'ill Miss! :)

With Love,

Sister (Ashley) Price :D


September 19, 2016

Dearest Mum,

   You are such an incredible mother, Sister McEwan is so blessed to have you in her life! I can assure you that my mother felt those exact emotions, fears and worries. Considering I have an ongoing list of allergies, health issues, and whatnot, my mum feared greatly, she still does which is just part of the worries you gain as a mum. But the people and the members, even the investigators and ultimately our Father in Heaven provides miracles. I can't even count all the times that I've eaten food that I'm allergic to and still was blessed to function properly the rest of the day, or to be able to walk an ongoing amount of hours daily accompanied by genetic knee problems. It just goes to prove that Heavenly Father loves us so much, and especially when we are doing His work, He will provide. I also remember very very well what it was like in my first stages of the mission, I've been out roughly 10 months and it feels just like yesterday. There were some rough patches but I was given the strength I needed to get through it. And I can attest that having a missionary out really blesses families. It's just my mom and I back home and when I get emails from her telling me the weekly miracles, it just humbles my heart and makes me so happy to know that we all are being watched after in the Lord's work. Your daughter is surely safe and I will do whatever I can in my power to keep her safe and to keep her smiling. I've experience many crazy things the past 10 months, and even with your incredible daughter we have already seen so much, but I will do whatever I can to help her in whatever she may go through. She is an incredible leader, a diligent warrior, and a passionate and devoted missionary. When we work, she leads and it astounds me at how ready she was to come out here. I was not even close to as ready when I first came out. But she is a special and purely devoted daughter of God who wants the best for His children. You can see it in her eyes, every time we talk with people in the streets, every time she shares her testimony, she has a strong heart and a great and devoted love for her Savior and her Father in Heaven.  She is going places, and I know that your family will truly be blessed ten-fold for her hard and diligent efforts to serve.

I know that it may seem hard to not have her there, I know it was very difficult for my mom, but the time will fly and her personality and talents and vibrant spirit will bless the people here, and when she comes home, she will be different, but still the same wonderful Madeline you know and love so dearly. You will see her spirit amplified and you will see how God has been blessing her for the time that she has been away. I can promise that not all the blessings will be seen all at once, but they will come. I know that she has been a blessing in my life, I thank Heavenly Father for having a companion that I get along with so well and feel the spirit with so abundantly. It really makes a difference. I honestly can't wait for the time I get to spend with her, I value every second! I did have a brother once when I was young and a miscarried sister, but both passed leaving just me. In that time I always dreamed to know what it was like to have my siblings with me again and especially to know what it's like to have a sister. And your daughter has answered that prayer of mine. She really is a sister to me and I try as much as I can to show that I love her and how much I value having her in my life. It's an honor for me because I get to treat her like the sister I never had. I will always strive to be an incredible friend for her, through the good and bad, I will always be there. And especially even after my mission, I will write her and continually support her and even after both our missions, I will always be there for her and your family. I love her and your family so much and thank you all for devoting this small period of time to let her serve. It will be an incredible experience for you all and I can't wait to hear all about it :)

I hope that you have been having an amazing day and love you and your family oh-so-very much! Take care and as I always tell my folk back home, may the force be with you, always :)

With love,
Sister Price :)

This does my heart good to see that she gets to rest every now and then

My favorite companionship

Price Street
Drawn by Sister Price



2 comments: